JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you make it to a Counter Protest at the Capitol in Salem at 1pm Tuesday 9/25/18?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The few I've been to had a pretty good turn out, I thought way better then I've seen the antis do.

And that why.

The good turnouts are most always fair weathered events, nothing like being out in weather best suited for duck hunting.

Us old Patriots aren't always going to be around to do the things that need to be done, like showing up at rallies on short notice, writing, calling and lobbying our elected officials and motivating the younger crowd. We will be passing the torch at some point so We are hoping that some payed attention.

The good turnouts are most always fair weathered events, nothing like being out in weather best suited for duck hunting.

Us old Patriots aren't always going to be around to do the things that need to be done, like showing up at rallies on short notice, writing, calling and lobbying our elected officials and motivating the younger crowd. We will be passing the torch at some point so We are hoping that some payed attention.

That the issue right there, I'm not taking off work with such short notice. I already take off enough work for important stuff like firearms training, road trips to see old friends, fishing, hunting, etc. etc. all planned so no problem. I don't jump to for the enemy.

Sorry for the short notice. The nutters announced this rally back on August 10th to coincide with the Oregon Interim Session September 24-26.

I thought that OFF or someone here that is closer to Salem would be picking up the slack. The last time I went to Salem to lobby I needed to our union rep to gain access. Is there someone local that can Sherpa for us?

The anti-gun activists FaceBook page indicates that 242 people are Interested with 29 Going to the rally. Surely we can get 30 from our side.

That the issue right there, I'm not taking off work with such short notice. I already take off enough work for important stuff like firearms training, road trips to see old friends, fishing, hunting, etc. etc. all planned so no problem. I don't jump to for the enemy.

Don't take this like I was singling you out man, you quoted me.
All I'm sayin is we all should choose our battles but some never step up to the plate for some reason or another figuring someone else will do it.

I'm busy up here at the moment fighting so I would hope some locally would be there.

Jim --

Thank you for your RSVP +1.

WHAT: University Place Grassroots Workshop
WHEN: September 12, 2018 at 6pm
WHERE: Environmental Services Building East Room
9850 64th St W
East Room
University Place, WA 98467
United States
Google map and directions

Umm excuse me folks.......this is not.....a Pro-Gun rally, its a Anti AWB rally.
Might want to check on the verbiage cause this event aint no-pro gun rally.
In fact if I didn't know better I would say, its not what it seems. When I read all this stuff
my spider sense was tingling and bells went off, I do not think this is what many think it is.:rolleyes:

Since being on NWFA, I have attended 3-4 hearings. I say, or 4 because one was a complete joke. I came out to a rally that never happened.

I'm somewhat cynical because at the end of the day it's just my opinion. I applaud and support those doing it. If there was a commitment of more I could see it making a dent but I'd rather fight for a meeting inside. I'd ask for one myself if I knew who in Salem would talk to me about gun rights.

Umm excuse me folks.......this is not.....a Pro-Gun rally, its a Anti AWB rally.
In fact if I didn't know better I would say, its not what it seems. When I read all this stuff
my spider sense was tingling and bells went off, I do not think this is what many think it is.:rolleyes:
Ok then. I'll be shooting Monday with friends and trying to round up a posse for Tuesday.

Can you make it to a Counter Protest at the Capitol in Salem at 1pm after the anti-gunners Assault Weapons Ban Rally?

Can you make it to a Counter Protest at the Capitol in Salem at 1pm after the anti-gunners Assault Weapons Ban Rally?

Exactly, would we show up to anything that would validate their actions? Or doing anything that would?

Things that make sense, showing up to a Gay Rights rally because one supports or opposes, showing up to an abortions rights rally because you support or oppose it makes sense. Showing up to a Unicorn Rally because you oppose Unicorns? Only validate we agree its a AWB rally and that they exist, and it does matter what we oppose and how its done.

Since being on NWFA, I have attended 3-4 hearings. I say, or 4 because one was a complete joke. I came out to a rally that never happened.

I'm somewhat cynical because at the end of the day it's just my opinion. I applaud and support those doing it. If there was a commitment of more I could see it making a dent but I'd rather fight for a meeting inside. I'd ask for one myself if I knew who in Salem would talk to me about gun rights.

I stopped going to the Rallys after the over religious, and Elvis crap, and of course the open Carry AR in the Capital and racking the chamber inside Fiasco. What we need is a powerhouse rally, done by the NRA. But that's not gonna happen, as the NRA doesn't care about preventive work.

Allow them to spread lies unchallenged or have a few regular folks show up to counter with facts. No camo or open carry.
Awwww....

Come on now, what is an anti anti-gun rally without open carry and proud exercise of our Second Amendment Right...

Should be Gaston and Bedford Flags flying high in addition to Ole Glory, as well...

If we can't gather to counter an anti-gun rally, how is tarnations are we ever going to come together should an armed revolt become necessary...

These should be dress rehearsals for running the tyrants out of Salem....

This is being led by the same Reverand that one of our members debated a few months ago. He tries to use a cloak of Holiness to disguise that he has no facts. We need to be the rational ones to counter their emotional arguments.

I just saw this forum/announcement a few minutes ago. How about a third option in the poll for "I'm going to try and go".

When I attended one of the IP43 training for signature gatherers one of their main talking points to push the ballot were "When the AWB was passed, mass shootings by AW went down. When it expired, they went up!"

The counter? True. The data comes from the book "Rampage Nation" where the author tries to make the case teh AWB was good, and needs to be reinstated. But his own data also showed that non-AW mass shootings were not only 3 times more numerous, but followed nearly the same decline and increase (strange that he did not highlight that....). Which, just like the conclusion of criminologists and statisticians, it is 'inconclusive' at the very best that the AWB did anything. So why push a law that would make felons, and risk putting hundreds of thousands (if not over a million) Oregonians in jail for not having hurt anyone or planning to hurt anyone?

To me, the 'reasonable and common sense' thing to do when problem solving is to simplify the issues and not focus on those issues that do not provide a reasonable solution. i.e. I would not apply duct tape to my ceiling till the water-leak goes away and call it a day because I got rid of the dripping water that offended me.

I do agree with others in that the counter protest should be more about changing minds, and not confronting them aggressively. I try to take the approach that most of these people are just angry and scared (most, but not all). But are mislead by snake-oil sales people peddling a 'do something' solution of banning the symbol of their fears. A solution that just leaves them with a false sense of safety. Planting seeds of common sense (i.e. educating them with things such as the above) would go a long ways towards fighting these groups that want to pass legislation based on looks and fear, as they don't have power if they cannot scare people into supporting them.

Note: I could see 'open carry' as an opportunity to educate people. i.e. a wood-stock ruger 10/22 as an 'assault weapon'. Or demonstrating on a clearly disabled gun (we want them to learn, not be scared) what a collapsing stock really does. And that it is just like making an adjustment on the front seat of your car after someone shorter/taller than you gets in.

Hmm... It looks like the "lift every voice" admin also went back and 'cleaned up' any comments not supporting them. I left a couple benign comments. Nothing challenging. But was banned as well.

Edit: WOW. Looking at "Rev" Chuck Currie is really enlightening. So much self righteous ego on display, wrapped up in the bible as cover. Yet people 'follow' him. I can see how cults like the Moonies get started.

Last Edited:
Last call.

I plan to head down there. If you see me in my Raiders cap, tap me on the shoulder and say hello. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqAh880FVis6CwIbPHLHbcilhhJpUkCNSguT-CjgMC3Y3Gpf2VfQ.jpg

Seriously, their literature says they have the Capitol steps from 11am-1pm. Not sure what parking will be like or where free minded people will meet. I'll stop by State St/Waverly St NE (North East corner) and see what I can see around 11.

Kevin

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads