JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, there are some dreamers asking $1150, No they are not getting any takers at that price. I remember when those first hit the market at $275 new. They are nice, I have one, they are not an $1100 dollar shotgun, check out an $1100 shotgun next to a Saiga 12, an $1100 shotgun is a fine piece of craftsmanship, a Saiga 12 is a piece of crap in comparison. I own one, I like it, but I can still call it what it is and that's a cheaply made crappy shotgun that works great with the right shells (heavy), and doesn't work 100% with a lot of shells out of the box and isn't going to without a lot of tweaking

I am just pissed I sold mine a year ago:s0114: If I would have waited I could have doubled my money:s0155: It is sad to see the prices people are asking.

I am another who is waiting on the Kel Tec!

I understand people making a profit. I get that. But people who buy stuff to bank on panic buyers are part of the problem. billdeserthills, I don't know if that's what you were implying. If you put a couple away to have for yourself if they get banned, then kudo's to you. But people who put them aside to fleece their fellow gun-owners later are part of the problem, especially since they still aren't banned, there's just a study...

And while I wouldn't mind having a Saiga 20ga. to play with, that's not my primary reason behind the frustration...

As an FFL I used to keep 6-8 Saiga-12's in stock, I just thought they were cool & I also figured that since so many other high cap auto shotguns have been banned, Saiga-12 would too, have it's day. I sold my last Saiga-12 for $685 a month ago, so if I was looking to screw customers I done it wrong. Same thing happened with AK-47's & AR-15's a short time ago, but I never cashed in on that either, I didn't get my FFL primarily to make money, heh heh. If I had I would have started out with 2 million, that way I could have still been a millionaire after I lost the first Mil. I do have a couple of Saiga-12's at home, just part of the 5 or 6 gunsafes full of fun stuff I currently have, neither one is for sale, however.

Is it just me, or can everyone else not wait for six months to pass, so people realize that Saigas are still imported and those people who encouraged the paranoia pricing by paying 1200$ for a Saiga 12 are left with a gun that is once again worth $600?

I don't mean to be rude, but people buying at that price are part of the problem. The guns are not banned yet, but people are both asking and paying paranoia pricing. There is no such thing as price gouging in a free-market economy, but there is still such a thing as taking advantage of rumors and studies...

$600??? I'm thinking more like $350.
That's what I see them for in some of the catalogs that I have sitting around from a few months back.

As an FFL I used to keep 6-8 Saiga-12's in stock, I just thought they were cool & I also figured that since so many other high cap auto shotguns have been banned, Saiga-12 would too, have it's day. I sold my last Saiga-12 for $685 a month ago, so if I was looking to screw customers I done it wrong. Same thing happened with AK-47's & AR-15's a short time ago, but I never cashed in on that either, I didn't get my FFL primarily to make money, heh heh. If I had I would have started out with 2 million, that way I could have still been a millionaire after I lost the first Mil. I do have a couple of Saiga-12's at home, just part of the 5 or 6 gunsafes full of fun stuff I currently have, neither one is for sale, however.

Fair explanation. I hope someday to have five or six gunsafes for my personal amusement as well. Oh well, its a goal to shoot for (figuratively)... :)

There are many threads about this topic already. Do we really need one more thread on the same subject?

Feel free to ignore the thread if you like... ;)

Is it just me, or can everyone else not wait for six months to pass, so people realize that Saigas are still imported and those people who encouraged the paranoia pricing by paying 1200$ for a Saiga 12 are left with a gun that is once again worth $600?

I don't mean to be rude, but people buying at that price are part of the problem. The guns are not banned yet, but people are both asking and paying paranoia pricing. There is no such thing as price gouging in a free-market economy, but there is still such a thing as taking advantage of rumors and studies...

From what I see in Arizona, it is just You.
Everyone else with the money seems to be finding a Saiga-12ga

From what I see in Arizona, it is just You.
Everyone else with the money seems to be finding a Saiga-12ga

In which case, I'll buy a Saiga-20 in six months when the craze is over and people realize they have a gun they paid 1200 bucks for that is once again worth 400 to 600. Same as the AR craze, same as the ammo craze (remember 600$ a case .223?), same as the higher than 10 round capacity magazines...

so are Saiga 12s really going to be banned? There was an ad for a Saiga 12, $1150/gun (LOL!) claiming that they will be banned for good. I have read similar stories online but never any concrete proof.

there is a huge difference between reasonable caution versus rampant paranoia.

with history showing us that magazine ban, assault weapon ban, etc can (and has)
happen, I wouldn't necessarily point and laugh at folks who feel they want to get
their hands on a Saiga-12 now, even at inflated costs.

only in hindsight can we say whether they did the prudent thing or not. even if not,
having the firearm they wanted safely tucked within their safe....or in their hands can
be a very comforting feeling. only they, themselves can tell you what that degree of
comfort is worth, in terms of dollars. it could have been a somewhat neutral acqui-
sition, such as firearm sale from a less used item(s) etc.

I have a 50 BMG which I no longer use in competition, or gen3 NVD, for example,
and would consider selling them to support other purchases.

each person decides 'worth' 'value' for themselves

i've see similar acquisitions happen in 'collector' car and motorcycle environments
where nostalgia and emotion purchases will reward the buyer with a warm and
fuzzy feeling.

good lord, let's not even talk about home purchases and what that did to many of
us. :) :(

so are Saiga 12s really going to be banned? There was an ad for a Saiga 12, $1150/gun (LOL!) claiming that they will be banned for good. I have read similar stories online but never any concrete proof.

I am suprised they haven't been banned yet, there are examples of high cap shotguns that have been banned for less reason, referring to high capacity. Look at the street sweeper, it only held 12 rounds...

Thing about the Saiga-20ga is nobody makes a drum for them & the 20ga costs almost the same amount as the 12 used to... You might find more info on the Saiga-12 Forum

The thing is, I don't need or really care about a drum magazine. The only reason I want a 20 ga. is that I just inherited a nice 20 ga. reloading press, hulls, wads, powder, and a butt load of lead shot, so I need a 20 ga. to reload for. More for a toy, rather than a tool...

It will be interesting to see what happens, banned or not just could not bring myself to pay so much for one. As someone stated earlier in this thread they started out as a 275.00 shotgun.. But to each their own.. its really up to the person that wants it, if they feel comfortable enough to spend that much more than what its worth... All the more power to them..lol

Market price is market price. No price is unfair if it is determined by supply and demand. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone listing a Saiga 12 for $1,100 and selling it. There are a lot of things highly appreciating in value day to day. Yesterday's price is yesterday's price. It seems a lot of people are offended by that and I don't understand it. Bitter that they didn't buy one at $500 and are now lashing out. If the price is high because of ANY reason, so what! - it is the market - fine. People always buy based on desire, fear and greed. That is the way it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top