JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it's $10 to get in and that money goes to the club. Each gun is different in cost to demo it due to differences in the price of ammo. Jap 99 ammo is hard to get as well as mp44 ammo. Take as much money as you want to spend.

How much does something like this cost?
Really, the sky is the limit. Just like gambling, take only as much $ as you are willing to spend.

For non-members admission is $10. If you want to shoot something, and who wouldn't, then the prices are set by the individual dealers. Most 9mm firearms are around $20 a mag to shoot. Rifles are usually a little more although the M16's are usually in the $20 range as well. If you want to shoot the .50 cal, that will cost you at least $5 a round.

Just watching is worth the $10. One year I watched while a dealer cut an Accord in half with his belt fed gun. Wow. Then there was the helicopter as a gun platform. More Wow.

I want to attend but have never been to something like this. I assume the shoot is a cash only type of deal right? So I should come down with $100-200 in cash? Or is that amateur level? I'd be coming down from Washington. Any other tips from those who have attended before would be awesome.

Thanks

It's about how much you want to spend. Lots of different guns with prices to shoot them varying. To me, $200 is a lot of money but then you may not ever get a chance like this again. There will be more guns there than anyone has enough money to shoot.

Are most of the shooters' ok with the visitors taking pictures ? I was there years ago and was told it was not cool,but it was not an official that told me that.
got the date marked on the calendar !

WOOT WOOT!!!! Saddle Butte is like Xmas!!!

I will be on the line with my 2.5" Black Powder Cannon for the second time this year. My buddy who shares my spot with me, is bringing a small arsenal: we will have Twin Mg42's, HK51, PTR 91, UZI, M4, 1919 (actually its an FN30, but not much difference), FS2000, AK47....... i feel like im forgetting something but cant remember what it is..... oh AK74 as well.

anyways, for those who have never been, it really is like going to Vega$, There is something for everybody on any budget. but just like vegas, $100 will only get you so far. if you are coming from a distance i highly recommend bringing $400-500 if you want to shoot a big variety of stuff. but as other posters have mentioned, $10 to get through the door to watch is MORE THAN WORTH IT!!!

Also one thing i want to touch on about pricing...... a lot of people complain about the pricing being "high". but there is something that most people dont take into consideration. at this shoot, guns are being pushed to their limits...... mag after mag after mag after mag all day long. last year, half of our guns were down by the end of the shoot, we melted the gas tube on the M4, melted the paint off of 2 silencers, busted an RPD (which still has not been fixed), the MG42 blew up for the 40th time (we finally fixed it properly and it runs really good now, but has been the gun from hell). Wear and tear is a real issue. it cost over $1000 last year to fix all the guns that went down, (and one is still waiting to be fixed). so most people dont complain about the pricing of ammo but for those who do, please think about the costs that you dont see to make this happen.

as far as pics and videos go, most if not all vendors are cool with it. half the fun for me is logging into youtube and watching all of the videos posted trying to find myself in them.

i will leave you with a video of the "twins", and my cannon (they will be available to rent).

From ARPC.info .......

North & East Ranges Closed Saturday, May 16th & Sunday, May 17th

The North and East Ranges will be closed to all activities Saturday, May 16th and Sunday, May 17th. Please join the festivities at the Main Range for the 26th Annual Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot both of those days.

The North and East ranges ARE the pistol ranges.

From ARPC.info .......

North & East Ranges Closed Saturday, May 16th & Sunday, May 17th

The North and East Ranges will be closed to all activities Saturday, May 16th and Sunday, May 17th. Please join the festivities at the Main Range for the 26th Annual Saddle Butte Machine Gun Shoot both of those days.

The North and East ranges ARE the pistol ranges.
I read that too. Disappointed. They weren't closed last year. I wonder what caused them to be closed this year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top