JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recent transplant here. I've been looking into ranges near Portland, and I've noticed that a lot of the places seem to either outright ban SBRs/rifle-caliber pistols or restrict their usage in various ways (e.g. limiting them to the 10-20 yard range). Granted, I often only found the rule(s) in question by digging deep into an online rulebook, so it is possible they aren't enforced at some ranges in question.

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to shoot a 10 inch 300Blk pistol, somewhat near Portland? I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to open up. I really appreciate any advice!

tl;dr: where can I shoot my AR pistol near Portland?

I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to open up. I really appreciate any advice!
If you're willing to drive to Salem, just a little further in Shedd (Albany) is ARPC, might be worth it to you for a year while you wait on Tri-County.

If you're willing to drive to Salem, just a little further in Shedd (Albany) is ARPC, might be worth it to you for a year while you wait on Tri-County.
Thanks!
Wolf Creek Shooting Range.

Info here: https://www.trashnoland.org/
Appreciate the rec! I came across Wolf Creek online, but was hoping to get some opinions before heading over there. I've been to some dope public land ranges, and some that are sketchy and/or absolute bubblegumshows. The vibes there are alright then I take it?

Appreciate the rec! I came across Wolf Creek online, but was hoping to get some opinions before heading over there. I've been to some dope public land ranges, and some that are sketchy and/or absolute bubblegumshows. The vibes there are alright then I take it?
The overall vibe is alright. Ive been several times and only had [safety] issues when I let other people share my lane. The first 2 lanes arent really big enough to share that anyone would ask on those. The biggest issue with Wolf Creek is getting a lane, it can be quite popular on nice days so get there early or plan to wait, or ask to share a lane. Salmonberry rd is another 10 minutes away but those are not established lanes just spots people use.

MLK Blvd seems to be a popular place to shoot.
Where have you been? MLK is all trendy and beautified now! Unless you go to the far North where there's a bunch of rubbish with people living in tents and hovels, sitting around smoldering waste piles.

I would think any public rifle range would allow that so you might try Douglas ridge, estacada, Mollalla, Canby rod and gun clubs.
I did see a couple of those names when I was googling, but (as is the case with much of the firearms world) their web presence left a lot to be desired and I couldn't find much information.

Estacada and Mollalla are new to me though. Do they have names I can search beyond the towns where they're located? Like "Estacada Shooting Lanes" or something? And by public, do you mean that they are open to the general public? Or that they're located on public land of some kind? Thanks for the help!

The overall vibe is alright. Ive been several times and only had [safety] issues when I let other people share my lane. The first 2 lanes arent really big enough to share that anyone would ask on those. The biggest issue with Wolf Creek is getting a lane, it can be quite popular on nice days so get there early or plan to wait, or ask to share a lane. Salmonberry rd is another 10 minutes away but those are not established lanes just spots people use.
All super helpful, I really appreciate it.

Side note: I didn't realize that expletives would be substituted upon posting, but "bubblegumshow" is my new favorite phrase.

I did see a couple of those names when I was googling, but (as is the case with much of the firearms world) their web presence left a lot to be desired and I couldn't find much information.

Estacada and Mollalla are new to me though. Do they have names I can search beyond the towns where they're located? Like "Estacada Shooting Lanes" or something? And by public, do you mean that they are open to the general public? Or that they're located on public land of some kind? Thanks for the help!
I think they are called rod and gun clubs.

Last Edited:
Recent transplant here. I've been looking into ranges near Portland, and I've noticed that a lot of the places seem to either outright ban SBRs/rifle-caliber pistols or restrict their usage in various ways (e.g. limiting them to the 10-20 yard range). Granted, I often only found the rule(s) in question by digging deep into an online rulebook, so it is possible they aren't enforced at some ranges in question.

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to shoot a 10 inch 300Blk pistol, somewhat near Portland? I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to shoot a 10 inch 300Blk pistol, somewhat near Portland? I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to open up. I really appreciate any advice!

open up. I really appreciate any advice!

Molalla Rifle Club Their range is just outside Colton OR. www.molallarifleclub.org Covered 100yd bench.

The English Pit in Vancouver is decent. $25 for a day pass, outdoor, up to 100 Yard range areas.

I've shot trap at Canby Rod and Gun Club on public evenings. They may offer public access to their rifle range, but I don't know. Worth a call.

in Estacada it's Estacada Rod and Gun Club.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top