JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks!

Appreciate the rec! I came across Wolf Creek online, but was hoping to get some opinions before heading over there. I've been to some dope public land ranges, and some that are sketchy and/or absolute bubblegumshows. The vibes there are alright then I take it?
WOLF CREEK IS LEGIT JUST GETS BUSY FAST AND EARLY. BUT EVERYONE UP THERE WILL LET YOU SLIDE IN

Recent transplant here. I've been looking into ranges near Portland, and I've noticed that a lot of the places seem to either outright ban SBRs/rifle-caliber pistols or restrict their usage in various ways (e.g. limiting them to the 10-20 yard range). Granted, I often only found the rule(s) in question by digging deep into an online rulebook, so it is possible they aren't enforced at some ranges in question.

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to shoot a 10 inch 300Blk pistol, somewhat near Portland? I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to open up. I really appreciate any advice!

tl;dr: where can I shoot my AR pistol near Portland?
Check out Safe Fire in Camas Wa

Recent transplant here. I've been looking into ranges near Portland, and I've noticed that a lot of the places seem to either outright ban SBRs/rifle-caliber pistols or restrict their usage in various ways (e.g. limiting them to the 10-20 yard range). Granted, I often only found the rule(s) in question by digging deep into an online rulebook, so it is possible they aren't enforced at some ranges in question.

Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to shoot a 10 inch 300Blk pistol, somewhat near Portland? I'm down to drive as far as Salem, and ideally I'd like to be able to shoot 50+ yards. Also, I'm fine with becoming a member of a place, but I'm looking for somewhere I can go relatively soon. I've already put myself on the waitlist at Tri-County Gun Club, but according to their website it typically takes 9-18 months for a membership spot to open up. I really appreciate any advice!

tl;dr: where can I shoot my AR pistol near Portland?
If you don't mind outdoors then try the English Pit shooting range in Vancouver. It has the shooting area covered so you have some shelter. They have both 50 and 100 yard plus pistol area. They are open this time of year too.

OP, another thing that can be helpful, is to be active on this forum. It will give folks here a chance to "assess" you and get to know you as a person. If all goes well, folks here who are members at some of the gun clubs above, will offer to take you as a guest and give you a tour of the facilities and even some trigger time. This can be very valuable as you get a better idea of the club before jumping on a waitlist or spending your money on a membership only to find out the club is not a good fit for you.

Another great option is to attend competition matches. Just about every club around offers something that might interest you. Check them out! I got an invite to shoot a speed steel match (my 1st match ever) at TCGC and also a tour of the club by two members right here on this forum. Lots of great people here for sure. Good luck and hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Last Edited:
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club near Barton, Or. has facilities to shoot your rifle caliber handguns outdoors. Not on the indoor range though. And the waiting time to join should be much faster than Tri County also. Dues are pretty much the same as Tri County.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club near Barton, Or. has facilities to shoot your rifle caliber handguns outdoors. Not on the indoor range though. And the waiting time to join should be much faster than Tri County also. Dues are pretty much the same as Tri County.
It's a nice range, too. I've done a couple of Appleseed events there. If I was going to join a gun club, this is likely the place.

My son-in-law used to be a member and said you can also donate time there to make a deduction in the price of the dues.

"Work bond" credits are available in some form or fashion at just about every gun club that I'm familiar with. Good way to save some bucks if you are able to donate the time. It also helps get the needed preventative maintenance/upgrades done while allowing members to take ownership of their club. Skin in the game, as they say….

Last Edited:
Another vote for Douglas Ridge Rifle Club for outdoor shooting.

SafeFire in Camas welcomes SBRs and rifle caliber pistols but is only 25 yards. Still, climate controlled shooting is pretty nice on messy weather days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top