Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sad story and poll

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OLDNEWBIE, May 4, 2013.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

2. OLDNEWBIE

Note the kid depicted in the cartoon appears to have a mental disability, I thought the left were supposed to be more sensitive to this sort of thing.
    Oh yeah, The kids a white gun owner from rural Kentucky. It's O.K. to be a bigot against those types.

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It's the LA Times..... What did you expect?

Next you'll be telling me that the Communist Manifesto contains communist ideals.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Heh... El Tiempo is freakin out becasue the Kock Bros. is looking to by rthat rag!!

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bigot :def: someone winning and argument with a Liberal

6. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Not sure if they changed the wording of the poll, but it says "Is it acceptable to teach kids to shoot guns?".

7. OLDNEWBIE

Is it acceptable to teach kids to shoot guns? is the exact question and it looks like the pro gun people are almost 50%!

8. jimmer5

jimmer5 Oregon Member

The sad part of this is that this story has everything to do with the parents' lack of responsibility. It's a perfect example of something that never should have happened. I had my first Airgun at 7 and my first rifle withing the next year or so, but I only handled them with direct parental supervision.

My children will be raised with guns, and I will teach them to shoot early, but their guns will be locked up in the safe right next to mine. If they want to look at them, we will do it together. Above all, they will NEVER play with them. A real firearm is not a toy.

9. OLDNEWBIE

Is it acceptable to teach kids to shoot guns?

52%(810 votes) YES

48%(757 votes) NO

10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

My parents would never let me have a bb gun. But I did get a 22 on my 10th birthday after going through a hunter safety course and also learning to shoot with Woodman Rangers. bought a air rifle that looked AR 15 ish to shoot pests inside city limits.

:thumbup:

Brutus Out

Brutus Out

11. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

good to see that the majority of people who look at that article doesnt let their emotions run their decisions.

12. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

It may be sad, but the reality is the Mother was irresponsible to even have the rifle, and obviously the ammo, where the 5 year old could gain access.

I had my first firearms at 12, BB gun at 8. I started teaching my Boys to shoot when they were 5 and 8. We all know guns aren't toys and can't be taken for granted.

This Parent may have too, but she was careless, because the Child gained access, and now both will have that tragedy to live with for the rest of their life.

Butch