JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Red Army 7.62x39 is made in Romania and there are no issues between us and Romania lol... just saying. I ordered 360 rounds of the Red Army just to be on the safe side, and I'm kinda digging the packaging and the green weather proofing or whatever they do around the bullet and primer.
I mean I already have a decent chunk of 7.62x39, but you can never have enough ammo. So the high or higher prices are what I am worried about but between my buddy and I, we are good on AK47 ammo :)

Yes, I know. LoL
Its (the Yugo PAP M85 pistol) chambered for 5.56 but can utilize .223..
Come on brother this aint my first rodeo.. we all know most of us mark 5.56 chambered platforms .233/5.56 when refering to a 5.56 chambered platform instead if wasting more key strokes and mentioning that its chambered for 5.56 but can utilize .223. Sheeeeesh. :p

Im heavily invested in 7.62x39 but after all, ammo is a finite resourse and without a steady supply (potentially) we'll run into another .22 and 9mm shortage all over again.

As to the post below yours, the same was said before the ammo panic/hoarding of .22 and 9mm.. Folks said itd be fine, its crazy to be ahead of the game.. Etc..
A proactive approach would be buying some and seeing what happens. I however will find another new toy but still within the AK realm but chambered for a very common domestic caliber. Ive got quite a bit of BOTH .223 AND 5.56 (happy Deen? :)) so I may as well just hold onto my 7.62x39 and see what happens for now.
I DIDN'T post that .223/5.56 aimed at YOU! Most people don't realize there is a difference, even the online stores and sticks and bricks stores don't. It was a GENERAL comment to those that still wrongly believe they're the same round.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Ammo. When the first shortage happened in 07-08 I changed my purchasing habits. It used to be I was buying on demand - If I was going up to go blasting with some friends or shoot PR I would get it the week before. 07-08 changed all that. I found myself having to skip PR and when I went with friends would only shoot shotguns or hunting rifle calibers which were more available. To avoid such a disruption in my shooting habits, I have added a ammo line to my monthly budget. I also spend some time each week searching the net for the best deal that month and when I find what I'm happy with, purchase some quantity. I don't always buy every month and I don't always buy ammo for all my weapons BUT I do make it a point to buy AT LEAST 3 times a year. Additionally, I began reloading about the 07-08 time to deal with the scarcity of ammo. I follow a similar pattern for components.

In the end, it eases the 'panic buying' so when prices go sky-high, I wait. When they fall, I have saved months of 'ammo budget' and buy more when I find the best deal I can.

Ukrainian economy is on the rocks - here's a potential growth industry for them. Anything they don't sell, they can use to shoot back at the Russians. Win-win!
Actually, Ukraine has been making some of the Wolf & Tula ammo, so this supply may dry up...just when things were getting normal. I have 9mm Tula brass stuff that says from Ukraine, as well as some Wolf 223.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top