JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could get shut off by the Oblamer gov't.

I ordered another 1,000 rds last Sun., should be here today.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Posted earlier in chat that the ammo is not going to be coming over anymore. Warsaw Arms said he talked with a supplier and it is done for now.

This article seems to say those rumors are unsubstantiated and that we are our own worst enemies and falling victim to the old cycle od panic/horde/shortage.

Is the x39 world coming to an end? | The Bang Switch

Yeah who knows just relaying what I read earlier. I myself do not own a AK anymore so no big deal to me. My only hope is maybe everyone will go after the 7.62 now and take some pressure off the .22 market:s0114:

Yeah who knows just relaying what I read earlier. I myself do not own a AK anymore so no big deal to me. My only hope is maybe everyone will go after the 7.62 now and take some pressure off the .22 market:s0114:

I don't have any AK's either, just a Draco pistol and a SIG556R.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Just me, but figure the Russian gun food will dry up as things get bad for Russia and the Ukraine... hope they're able to get things sorted out soon without more people being hurt. Once things do get ironed out I imagine ammo will flow once again. I hope.

Well I guess this was the right push to purchase a Yugo M85
Benefit, .223/5.56cal & Compact and i could always add an "arm brace".

Well, I've got several 1,000 rds of .223/5.56 (which ARE NOT the same round BTW) and an AR but since 7.62X39 was much cheaper I "expanded" into it.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Well, I've got several 1,000 rds of .223/5.56 (which ARE NOT the same round BTW) and an AR but since 7.62X39 was much cheaper I "expanded" into it.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Yes, I know. LoL
Its (the Yugo PAP M85 pistol) chambered for 5.56 but can utilize .223..
Come on brother this aint my first rodeo.. we all know most of us mark 5.56 chambered platforms .233/5.56 when refering to a 5.56 chambered platform instead if wasting more key strokes and mentioning that its chambered for 5.56 but can utilize .223. Sheeeeesh. :p

Im heavily invested in 7.62x39 but after all, ammo is a finite resourse and without a steady supply (potentially) we'll run into another .22 and 9mm shortage all over again.

As to the post below yours, the same was said before the ammo panic/hoarding of .22 and 9mm.. Folks said itd be fine, its crazy to be ahead of the game.. Etc..
A proactive approach would be buying some and seeing what happens. I however will find another new toy but still within the AK realm but chambered for a very common domestic caliber. Ive got quite a bit of BOTH .223 AND 5.56 (happy Deen? :)) so I may as well just hold onto my 7.62x39 and see what happens for now.

All stores online still have a massive supply IN STOCK so no worries.

Given our likelihood to panic.. All itll take is one real push to set off the ammo panic for 5.45 and 7.62x39.. A blind man could see this is coming. Its not paranoia, its realism.

Last Edited:
I'm saying always have supply on hand, but don't help perpetuate a rumor and create a shortage due to panic buying, like 9mm and 22. All of these rumors are coming from websites with silver, gold or bullion in the title. Looks to me like commodities investors are adding ammo to their portfolio, and trying to drive up prices with spurious information about ammo supplies drying up. By perpetuating unsubstantiated rumors like these you're not helping anyone, you might be cutting the throat of the shooting community by driving ammo costs out of most people's price ranges.

Last Edited:
I'm saying always have supply on hand, but don't help perpetuate a rumor and create a shortage due to panic buying, like 9mm and 22. All of these rumors are coming from websites with silver, gold or bullion in the title. Looks to me like commodities investors are adding ammo to their portfolio, and trying to drive up prices with spurious information about ammo supplies drying up. By perpetuating unsubstantiated rumors like these you're not helping anyone, you might be cutting the throat of the shooting community by driving ammo costs out of most people's price ranges.

Thats one theory.
However, the fact of the matter is WILL they continue commercial ammo production and transport in both countries?

Odds are it will have no effect.
However an EO from the POTUS can easily stop the importation of ammo from russia.

If folks dont pay OVER previous market value for said ammo then no price increases should occure other than from supply and demand when numbers get low (or rumored to be).
With .22 folks saw a market for what others would be "willing" to pay.
Often new shooters or those with little to none .22 on hand.

With 7.62x39, the only thing to really shake my cage is if imported ammo would be embargoed and we'll have to wait 1-2 years for domestic production to catch up.
And even then, Im not paying more than I would have paid right now.
If prices spike, farggettaboutit. AK guys can be cheap, and in an ammo panic, thats a good thing.. I aint paying $10-20 per box of Tula steel cased 7.62x39..
So, as long as "flippers" dont make a quick buck, Im quite sure demand will keep steady and prices will hold even with a minor surge of panic.

Im quite sure us guys here do their research and dont buy into the "hype".. Anyone who listens to a supplyer for their advice while shelling out AMV (above market value) for fear of a shortage or panic for an item deserves to overpay.

I am however covering my bases and purchasing an order sooner than I would have anyway,
Thats all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads