JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It is my understanding that it was generally thought that they couldn't be shot down by anything up until the first one was shot down a couple days ago.
One good thing about a conflict/war is the testing of weapon systems in real situations.

Whenever I hear a tyrant make boasts like Putin and/or the Kremlin, I take it with a dose of salts (not just a pinch).

Here's a non-paywall video about the recent 100% Russian bombing fail.. and as an added bonus, there are now 200,000 dead Russians in Ukraine..

Here is an article from May 9, 2023 that says that "Patriot Missiles Won't Save Ukraine." In his view, diplomacy, not weapons, will end the war.

I think he's bucking for the Neville Chamberlain Award.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/patriot-missiles-won't-save-ukraine-206462
Didn't read the whole thing but at the start the author is focusing on Ukraine using expensive Patriot missiles to take down cheap drones in the future. Seems like a false assumption?

If Patriot missiles are taking down $10million+ hypersonic missiles that's a different story seems to me.

Translation:

"our stuff doesn't work because 94% the funds went into Putin and oligarchs pockets, leaving the scientists 6% to cobble together something.

Now that it has been shown to be crap, it can only be a result of internal sabotage because all Soviet (didn't say Russian on purpose) stuff is perfect"

Russia always has dire warnings of impending doom if the west does or contemplates doing, something that they don't like. :rolleyes:

BN-SF432_zimmer_P_20170223111424.jpg

Instead of demilitarization, he said, the invasion turned "Ukraine's army into one of the most powerful in the world" and Ukrainians into "a nation known to the entire world."

"If they, figuratively speaking, had 500 tanks at the beginning of the special operation, now they have 5,000," he said. "If they had 20,000 fighters who knew how to fight, now they have 400,000. How did we 'demilitarize' it? Now it turns out that we militarized it — hell knows how."
I know how - it doesn't take an expert:

1) Russia/Putin stupidly overestimated its ability to fight a war. It's military is a paper tiger. Its government corrupt.

2) Russia/Putin stupidly underestimated the ability and willingness of Ukraine to resist an invasion.

3) Russia/Putin stupidly underestimated the willingness of the USA/NATO to support Ukraine once it became apparent that Ukraine wasn't going to cave in the first week of the invasion. Indeed, the USA/NATO saw a chance to bleed Russia without risking US/NATO troops.

Last Edited:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews