JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Of course you were lied to. You were surrounded by Russians.
All politicians lie, most bureaucrats too - regardless of what the topic is or where they come from.

The most effective lies have some modicum of truth, the least effective are "bald faced" lies. The trick is to discern what is false and what is true. If you can also discern why someone is lying, then that is helpful too.

I never thought I would live to see the day when Red Blooded Americans would side with Russia / The Rebranded Soviet Union, but sadly the math on that isn't hard to figure out

The war ends when he dies
I think of everything I've witnessed over the past two years with the Ukraine invasion, it's the overwhelming buzz of domestic Putin sympathizers that troubles me most.

I wasn't surprised by Putin. I've been closely following him since Yeltsin resigned on Y2K eve and handed him the presidency.

I'm also not surprised by NATO's expansion since '94. It's my belief that our government, and especially the CIA, also understand and know Putin quite well. As do the other European countries. It just took them the invasion to understand they can't keep playing with the devil and hope for energy AND peace at the same time. Not with that guy. His bluff was called in early 2022. His lies were revealed.

But it's the sheer lack of understanding and stupidity that shows itself every day with the likes of Carlson, maga isolationists, "realists" etc that astound me. They have no idea what Putin really wants, what he's actually done to that country, and how enslaved his people are now. They puppet and advertise his lies as if it's truth.

I've said it before. We're not going to escape WW3. The only chance we have is IF and WHEN Putin dies. And that's a slim chance now.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/end-line-ukraine-uk-paper-times-its-time/

When the average age of the men on the line is 43 and you're sending goon squads thru the cities looking to kidnap young men off the streets for military duty that should tell you how things are going for Ukraine.
Bottom line, the comedian says he needs 450,000 more men, good luck with that.
The US and Nato have been waging war against Russia by using Ukraine to furnish the men.
Most of an entire generation will be gone in Ukraine.
They will never recover from that.
Just wait. All the US citizen Ukrainian patriots are just waiting for the right moment to form an expeditionary force and fight for Ukraine. Any day now...

Back in ~'63 everybody went berserk over the Russians plan to install missiles in Cuba.
And a similar issue got Regan to invade Granada.
If we went berserk over missiles 90 miles away from Florida, why would you not think the Russians would not feel the same way with American missiles/weapons pointed at them less than 10 miles away?
Winston Churchill had a pretty good analysis; "The United States generally does the right thing, but only after it has exhausted all other possibilities".
General Smedley Butler, when asked why he was leading US Marines into Nicaragua, replied; "To make the country safe for Standard Oil".
He knew the "real" reasons that the US was sticking its nose into all sorts of places and hoping that it wouldn't get a bloody nose.
Inane statements about "Russian sympathizers" or "Red blooded Americans" are banal and stupid., they only appeal to people of the lowest common denominator.
I would hope that all of us, (me too,) might realize that no matter who gets elected this fall, or whether Putin stays in office or not, all the peoples on this planet are going to have to find a way to work out the issues.
A bunch of "hot heads" on either, (or any,) side aren't helping things, they're just adding to the problems.
If cooler minds don't prevail, I fear for everybody, no matter where they live.
Nukes are not toys, but too many seem to have forgotten that they will destroy all sides.

Back in ~'63 everybody went berserk over the Russians plan to install missiles in Cuba.
If we went berserk over missiles 90 miles away from Florida, why would you not think the Russians would not feel the same way with American missiles/weapons pointed at them less than 10 miles away?
Winston Churchill had a pretty good analysis; "The United States generally does the right thing, but only after it has exhausted all other possibilities".
General Smedley Butler, when asked why he was leading US Marines into Nicaragua, replied; "To make the country safe for Standard Oil".
He knew the "real" reasons that the US was sticking its nose into all sorts of places and hoping that it wouldn't get a bloody nose.
Inane statements about "Russian sympathizers" or "Red blooded Americans" are banal and stupid., they only appeal to people of the lowest common denominator.
I would hope that all of us, (me too,) might realize that no matter who gets elected this fall, or whether Putin stays in office or not, all the peoples on this planet are going to have to find a way to work out the issues.
A bunch of "hot heads" on either, (or any,) side aren't helping things, they're just adding to the problems.
Nukes are not toys, but too many seem to have forgotten that they will destroy all sides.
would a photo of a shirtless Putin help?

i-see-stupid-people-meme-26-1.jpg

I'm confused, I keep hearing how well Russia is doing economically and how bad they are doing economically. I guess only time will tell the truth.

I'm confused, I keep hearing how well Russia is doing economically and how bad they are doing economically. I guess only time will tell the truth.
Like the Russian say, "there is no truth in the news, and there is no news in the truth"

Which makes a heck of a lot more sense if you know the name of their newspapers ;)

I linked a few of Joe Blogs youtube videos here. He focused on nuanced financial analysis of Russia, China, Turkey, Venezuela etc. A week ago his channel was hacked by crypto scammers, probably russian, and all of his works totalling three or so thousand videos were disappeared.
Crazy.
Anyway, yea, the Russians aren't doing too good despite what they put forth.

I think of everything I've witnessed over the past two years with the Ukraine invasion, it's the overwhelming buzz of domestic Putin sympathizers that troubles me most.

I wasn't surprised by Putin. I've been closely following him since Yeltsin resigned on Y2K eve and handed him the presidency.

I'm also not surprised by NATO's expansion since '94. It's my belief that our government, and especially the CIA, also understand and know Putin quite well. As do the other European countries. It just took them the invasion to understand they can't keep playing with the devil and hope for energy AND peace at the same time. Not with that guy. His bluff was called in early 2022. His lies were revealed.

But it's the sheer lack of understanding and stupidity that shows itself every day with the likes of Carlson, maga isolationists, "realists" etc that astound me. They have no idea what Putin really wants, what he's actually done to that country, and how enslaved his people are now. They puppet and advertise his lies as if it's truth.

I've said it before. We're not going to escape WW3. The only chance we have is IF and WHEN Putin dies. And that's a slim chance now.
Where is J, Edgar when you need him?

This thread is a soup sandwich.
Many , many posts are divisive to say the least...along with plenty of political content that ain't within forum rules.

Thread is closed.
And good riddance.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show