JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently they got 2 1sts (this years #9 and next years), 2 2nds, a 4th for a Seattle 5th, Drew lock QB, Shelby Harris DT, Noah Fant TE

My gut feel is next year with the status quo they would be slightly better but not making the playoffs. Not sure now. A lot depends on their draft I think. I wonder if Schneider will turn that #9 pick into 5 picks by trading down or if they have someone targeted at #9 (Fe a qb). Also I suppose they could trade up for a qb with that many picks.

Last Edited:
Look at how good the division was/is.

Will LA still be good in the fall? Or are vet's taking their little trophy and going home?

I like Russ as a player.

I love the off season speculation.

I think if the future franchise qb is on the roster next year then people will think Schneider was a genius in trading Wilson. If they r searching for a qb 3 years from now ppl will think Schneider was a fool.

For the record I think 2 firsts for Jamal Adams was not worth it , nor trading a first for Percy Hervin, not trading a first for jimmy graham. Imo Schneider has to quit trading away first round picks for the next shiny free agent. He could have turned those firsts into multiple starters most likely.

Another factor is next year wilson would have been whining again for more control, more pieces, and he wouldn't re-sign with Seattle anyway most likely. So if he was an extremely expensive, unhappy and "unhungry" qb and he was on his way out anyway, and they weren't going to go deep in the playoffs, then maybe they r better off. Who knows.

Last Edited:
The future QB isn't on the roster even with this trade. They're going to have to get a lightning strike twice in the next couple years and find a gem in the mid rounds like they did Russ.

They just announced our ticket prices increased yesterday. F**kers.

I wonder how much lock's current contract is. Wilson's next contract would have been 50 mil per year. One factor when Hawks did so well year after year was Wilson's contract didn't account for a huge chunk of the cap which lets $ go to other quality players. That doesn't mean it's a single determining factor of course. Just one factor among many factors (such as drafting extremely well in Schneider/Carroll's first years).

Wilson is definitely a premier QB. But he also had flaws that he wasn't evolving away from. And because his cap number was so high and going higher, the ability to put some ancillary pieces around him to reduce the risk caused by those flaws just wasn't in the cards. The way the cap is, it sort of forces movement and change unless key players do what Brady did for so long - make your millions in other outlets and let salary be just part of the larger whole.

As much as I dislike the Pats, Brady understood what his sacrifices needed to be to win. He's the GOAT for a reason.

Great article by Bob Condotta of the Seattle times talking about the factors leading up to the trade over time.

I do think that losing stretch where wilson threw so many interceptions once defenses figured out what Seattle was doing was a big factor (note that this was the year before he got hurt). Seems like Russ's camp blamed Carroll for that season as if he could just keep playing the same way and they would win (but they were losing bad in that stretch). But that losing stretch was really on the offensive coordinator most and russ second imo. And they had to change or keep losing.
B9CDBC0C-F81B-45A0-82F9-8A989D351809.jpeg

When Russ was young and hungry he didn't worry or whine about any of that stuff, he was focused on "one play at a time" and "why not us?".

Those are good reads. Thanks for sharing those.

From the #LetRussCook to the midseason shift - there's just so many factors that made this inevitable as much as I still loathe that it's happening now. I'm a Pete and Russ fan, but both having in their heads what was "right" and not being able to really find a ground that built a sustained compromise really hurt. I think the sign that Hungry Russ was changing into Prime Time Russ started early on when he got divorced and quickly pivoted to that famous R&B singer he's married to now. He started loving the superstar life. He's still a gamer, and plays hard no doubt - but taking more shots at highlight reel plays vs. evolving off some of his flaws (holding the ball too long, rolling out and away from danger the exact same way almost every single time) made him predictable.

I think he's in for a bad time going to the Broncos. They have a solid team, but you're in a division with Mahomes, who IMO is Russ 2.0 and probably a little better across the board.

You guys follow/understand this stuff way more than I do. I got tired of watching Wilson. Too much chance of disappointment. But I wish him well. I'm really exited to be able to start watching the Seahawks again! Do you think The Bronco's offensive line can give Wilson the 15 seconds he needs to get rid of the ball?

... there are rumors ... that the Bronco's will become part of Omaha Productions.

That is, Peyton is buying in to ownership.

"The Denver Broncos appear to be trending toward being sold in the spring, and there have been rumors that former quarterback Peyton Manning is interested in becoming a minority owner as part of an ownership group."

... rumors ...

I love the off-season for that stuff.

On another note, the ESPN+ show "Detail" is good. I really like the episodes where Peyton is the presenter.

... there are rumors ... that the Bronco's will become part of Omaha Productions.

That is, Peyton is buying in to ownership.

"The Denver Broncos appear to be trending toward being sold in the spring, and there have been rumors that former quarterback Peyton Manning is interested in becoming a minority owner as part of an ownership group."

... rumors ...

I love the off-season for that stuff.

On another note, the ESPN+ show "Detail" is good. I really like the episodes where Peyton is the presenter.
All I know is that the Broncos are for sale and now they will be able to get maximum price I'll bet.

I kind of have the feeling Seattle is going to overpay to get deshaun Watson after he got cleared of criminal charges yesterday. Schneider gives out #1s like candy when he sees a player he wants (adams 2 #1s, Percy harvin, jimmy graham).

But then again, maybe they r thinking of going back to the early Carroll/Schneider days of strong D, throwing it less, and having the quarterback be a point guard (which Wilson was happy to do in his early years before he wanted to see Russ cook). Looking at Carroll's qbs at usc, they were great game managers but not an elway or Peyton Manning. The qb was an important piece but the defense and strong run game were always a key part of it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads