JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did we ever get an answer to why they can't just make obnoxious noise somewhere else instead of the middle of the city on pavement not meant for attention whore parades?
Because being obnoxious is obviously a big part of their 'attention whore parade'

There might not be anyone to irritate and pizz off 'somewhere else'.

Some interesting directly related discussion by bike riders in this thread:
Some of these riders are intelligent and actually get it (see comments below). Others are just out to piss poeple off and will eventually get that, likely resulting in a trip to the hospital or morgue.
72BB4BD8-CEA6-4163-8214-0B345385DD02.jpeg
D23644C6-9D95-45C5-ACD6-F425CF03AC85.jpeg
F8070FA3-5262-4380-905C-B342E0FA30A2.jpeg
These seem like useful tools. Also useful for mob pursuit situations I would think.

AB75216A-1C16-4E13-B303-032E8A120062.jpeg

Last Edited:
it's a fun group ride that also cleans all of the trash up along the way.

it's good clean fun that also cleans up those neighborhoods.

That's a bunch of bs about them cleaning up trash

That sure sounded like crap to me. If people want to clean up alley's? Great. Why would anyone want to do this on dirt bikes?
Sounds like crap to me too. People who clean up property, public or private, don't do it while riding through on motorcycles. Maybe they park, dismount, remove the safety gear and do a police call? At every alley? That seems an inefficient way to clean up anything. How exactly does this work?

If the videos l watched are put out by people who support and are involved in the ride, why did they miss the golden opportunity to advertise their good works? I didn't see a single rider in any of the promo/enthusiast vids toting along a garbage bag... not empty, not full of debris, not at all.
If balancing a garbage bag full of trash on your tank is anywhere near as dangerous a riding with a case of beer like that is, it seems like a bad idea for everyone and there's not a single sanctioning body that would approve of it.

I'm definitely not against motorcycles, l love em. I'm not even bunched up about the alley ride. But l know BS when l read it.

Last Edited:
If it was anything else besides a firearm it would never have been any news and this thread would have died 18 pages ago. Regardless of how long it's been done… regardless of if they clean up trash… regardless of 90% of the comments… it happened… it should not have happened… and maybe they don't do the unsafe ride anymore… then maybe we can move on with life and not always focus on the negative things that people say and do. Then maybe look at the other side of what may happen and stop overreacting to EVERYTHING!:s0146::s0137::s0093:

Alleys aren't roads. You might want to re-read the whole thread. That was addressed, in this thread, before you even joined.

You will find posts where members, including myself, CLEARLY state that violence of any kind is not warranted or legal regarding such a disturbance.

My point, which you are ignoring, is the nuisance aspect of the ride.
I was commenting on the Rhode island woman story. No need to be condescending.

Am i the only degenerate that saw her hand in his fly, and well him with that look of "shock and awe" in his posture and her looking like shes smoochin' up his stub.
I thought she's going to make a pretty convincing counter arguement!
Clearly i clicked on the link thinking: I Don't remember this part of the movie...! "Baited" again.. 😂
(Pardon the pun)

Screenshot_2021-08-06-23-59-01.png

The Alley Sweeper is a sanctioned event that has been going on forever, it's a fun group ride that also cleans all of the trash up along the way. This geezer just wants to go Karen on the riders and when that didn't work he went full stupid and aimed a pistol at them. All the people commenting that the riders are doing it illegally or that it is some in your face move against the people living backed up to the alleys need to do a little research before post. The homeowners along these alleys have zero right to block or impede traffic through the alleys, they are public right of ways. There are actually a good amount of riders who are sworn officers and they help direct traffic. It isn't illegal, it's good clean fun that also cleans up those neighborhoods.
Don't try to Fauci me. Sanctioned by who? Do you have proof that trash is picked up? If you had bothered to read the thread, it has been established that this event violates Portland laws about use of alleys, so that argument is misleading.

The reality is that a group of bikers thinks it is cool to act out "The Wild Ones" one weekend a year, and the fact that they piss off the homeowners is part of the fun.

This is not a good look for trail bikers. The excuses are hollow.

The Alley Sweeper is a sanctioned event that has been going on forever, it's a fun group ride that also cleans all of the trash up along the way.
After reading an article it seems like it's only been going on since 2009 (which ain't particularly forever) and 'officially' shut down in 2015 (but still taking place) according to the article. Didn't see any reference to any 'clean up' about it.

The alleys choked to a standstill as hordes of would-be scofflaws all dove in for a piece of the action, and it became clear a tactical correction needed to be made. So in 2015, the event was "officially" shut down. Clever. Its leadership became decentralized and eventually morphed into the clandestine Alley Liberation Front.

This quote from the article I think explains it best:
"In other news, anyone want to ride motorcycles down some alleys this Sunday and then find some dive bar and drink some cheap beer?"

UOSVLOZYGHO2WS5ZWOONHAP5RU.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews