JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lemme know when you wanna get started, I can send you all my load build data, from mild to Absolutely Nuclear:):):)
I have data for both the G-20 Gen 1 and non ramped and ramped barreled 1911's as well as Carbine!!!

Oooo, that would be nice to have. I don't know when I'll start loading, but anytime you'd like to send it via PM or I could send you my email if that's easier (via PM), that would be great. I'll happily add it to the records!

Is Titegroup a good powder for 10mm? Just asking since that's what I've been loading for 9mm.

in the meantime, check out Doubletapp or Buffalo Bore for full pressure loads.

Agree that more of the generic ammo manufacturers need to step up to the real original 10mm loading...

Now if only we could get more ammo makers to offer loadings for it, and get it on the shelves, and at decent prices:):):)
Still, it's pretty easy to roll your own and make really good even better:D
I do not see it ever going away, not with more gun manufactures offering it in various configurations
:s0042:

That's why I am glad to see more offering in the guns. The more demand there is the more the manufactures will make. Price will drop and there will be more offerings. All great things.

Oooo, that would be nice to have. I don't know when I'll start loading, but anytime you'd like to send it via PM or I could send you my email if that's easier (via PM), that would be great. I'll happily add it to the records!

Is Titegroup a good powder for 10mm? Just asking since that's what I've been loading for 9mm.

Would like that too as I'm going to be rolling some of this too soon. Same,PM me or email, would love to have the info for when I start in. Factory stuff is pricey so need to roll. Now that I have a brass catcher so my expensive brass comes home with me!! :)

in the meantime, check out Doubletapp or Buffalo Bore for full pressure loads.

Agree that more of the generic ammo manufacturers need to step up to the real original 10mm loading...
Since you mentioned it I have to say I wouldn't use buffalo bore as the last two boxes I bought only half would fit the Lone Wolf chamber I had on my g20. And the person responding to emails read like a whiny bitshch,blaming Lone wolf for making chambers too tight:confused:.
@Alexx1401 ,the only complaint I have with my rock island 1911 is it flips brass EVERYWHERE!!!! I recover about 7 out of 8,maybe 90% if I'm lucky :mad:. I would put a stand and a tarp next to me but I hear the brass hitting the tin roof at the range too! So half my time shooting my 10 mm 1911 is finding my brass
Maybe I should go back to the Lone wolf g20. You could put a coffee can on the first round and the most of the rest would land in it with the others right outside the can

Since you mentioned it I have to say I wouldn't use buffalo bore as the last two boxes I bought only half would fit the Lone Wolf chamber I had on my g20. And the person responding to emails read like a whiny bitshch,blaming Lone wolf for making chambers too tight:confused:.
@Alexx1401 ,the only complaint I have with my rock island 1911 is it flips brass EVERYWHERE!!!! I recover about 7 out of 8,maybe 90% if I'm lucky :mad:. I would put a stand and a tarp next to me but I hear the brass hitting the tin roof at the range too! So half my time shooting my 10 mm 1911 is finding my brass
Maybe I should go back to the Lone wolf g20. You could put a coffee can on the first round and the most of the rest would land in it with the others right outside the can

I picked up my Springfield Custom shop 10mm longslide operator w/a Leopold Delta Point reflex milled onto the slide Mon after a 16 month wait. Of course I had to shoot it right then. I went out back and shot 50 rnds, put the gun away and went back out to look for brass. My wife was out there so she helped me. I told her I can recover 95%+ of 9mm, 40 and 45 auto but generally am pretty happy to get 60% of my 10mm brass back. This is in my mowed back yard. This is my 4th 10mm (still have Kruejl's 1006). I sold my other 2 10mm 1911's when I ordered the custom. The 1006 is probably the most consistent ejector but I still tend to lose a good percentage out of it. I walk around the yard barefoot to locate brass once I can't see anymore. Probably the biggest reason is just how far it ejects the brass relative to my other semi-autos, the farther is flies the more spread out they get. When I shoot by the barns I lay a tarp out and do much better but it's not nearly as convenient as going out my bedroom door into the back yard.

I'm intrigued by the Ruger, had an SR1911 for a while, liked it but used it as trade fodder. I could see getting one simply due to it's price point. It doesn't surprise me that Ruger entered the 10mm ring, most of the other 1911 makers are doing it also. Definitely a resurgence of interest in it. Rem came out w/a long slide hunter that seems to be a pretty decent gun from the reviews. Sig is supposed to be putting a 1911 10mm together, they already have the P220 in 10mm. Colt, STI, Dan Wesson, Remington and Rock Island already make production 10mm 1911's.

I have shot this SR1911-10mm. Following is a very informal report that my buddy Dave and I posted elsewhere...

Well went to the range with this new 10mm.

Accurate and soft shooting pistol. Functioned almost flawlessly. One factory magazine may have been the culprit for one failure to feed and a one time occurrence of the slide not staying open on last shot.

WAYNO fired it also and is familiar with my trials and tribulations of trying to get a 10mm to run to my satisfaction. So after around 80-100 rounds of FMJ 180gr rounds I can say that this is the best out of the box 1911 10mm I have shot.

Good job Ruger on this one! More serious evaluation going forward, but I am pleased!

Dave

I am also pleased with Dave's brand new SR1911-10mm. I have seen Dave struggle enough with 10mm's, I learned to not want one. This Ruger changes my outlook completely. For a 10mm...Probably the easiest shooting of any, and surprisingly accurate, without struggling to make it that way.

I will now look forward to Dave bringing this new toy to the range often, and I know he'll let me shoot it lots more. I know too, he'll even supply the ammo. And then he'll buy my lunch.

WAYNO.

I have shot this SR1911-10mm. Following is a very informal report that my buddy Dave and I posted elsewhere...

Accurate and soft shooting pistol. Functioned almost flawlessly. One factory magazine may have been the culprit for one failure to feed and a one time occurrence of the slide not staying open on last shot.

WAYNO fired it also and is familiar with my trials and tribulations of trying to get a 10mm to run to my satisfaction. So after around 80-100 rounds of FMJ 180gr rounds I can say that this is the best out of the box 1911 10mm I have shot.

Good job Ruger on this one! More serious evaluation going forward, but I am pleased!

Dave

I am also pleased with Dave's brand new SR1911-10mm. I have seen Dave struggle enough with 10mm's, I learned to not want one. This Ruger changes my outlook completely. For a 10mm...Probably the easiest shooting of any, and surprisingly accurate, without struggling to make it that way.

I will now look forward to Dave bringing this new toy to the range often, and I know he'll let me shoot it lots more. I know too, he'll even supply the ammo. And then he'll buy my lunch.

WAYNO.
That's good to hear.
It's amazing how soft-shooting 10mm can be in a pistol set up correctly.
I have a Tanfo Stock III and it's pleasant to shoot.

Glad to hear Ruger stoking the 10mm market. Already own stainless Dan Wesson PM10 and Para P16 with a Barsto 10mm drop in barrel, both shoot like a dream.
Wouldn't mind seeing someone come out with a 10mm barrel for the M&P 2.0/40-5" I just picked up.

I THINK, (not sure) that Ruger Screwed up again. They need to fire the CEO and put ME in charge! I am left handed. Where are all the left handed Ruger products? Dunno.

The 10 would have been a whole bunch better with a 6" long slide model OPTION. Also a true high cap double stack. What is the frame made out of? Does anybody know?

I THINK, (not sure) that Ruger Screwed up again. They need to fire the CEO and put ME in charge! I am left handed. Where are all the left handed Ruger products? Dunno.

The 10 would have been a whole bunch better with a 6" long slide model OPTION. Also a true high cap double stack. What is the frame made out of? Does anybody know?

I feel for you there. Wife is a southpaw and is always asking that same question, where is the stuff for us lefties. :)

What is the frame made out of? Does anybody know?

That would be my ONLY dis of this 1911 is that the frames are cast vs forged. Ruger is probably the best at casting in the market but still, I like forged. I've seen 1 example of checkering into a cast front strap that exposed a void, it was small and didn't look horrible but the custom builder was pretty annoyed (and posted a pic). Some higher end builders won't work on cast guns some will. I've seen some extremely nice custom Ruger 1911's but it probably cost $3k+ to get them there. Not that that's bad for a custom 1911.

I think for the $$ they're good right where they are build wise, I wouldn't be inclined to put a bunch of $$ into one.

Dave

WAYNO.

Great! Me to my wife: "Hey, Babe. I need to spend $800 for a great gun and some dies. Will next month be okay?" And her look: upload_2017-6-21_15-10-45.jpeg

Best get this part out of the way early. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads