JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just impressed (and pleased) that Ruger is willing to step into the 10mm market in this way. Makes me think there is still hope for the 10mm round. They must believe so to turn out a new gun.

I'm tempted but I'm still annoyed at Ruger for ancient transgressions with the 10 round bs... (I'm not a very forgiving type person)

elsie

Well for one Ruger Sr, who made the honest man not needing more than 15 rounds, often misquoted as saying 10, is long dead. He always had some "strange" views of his guns and citizens vs Military and LEO's. Again he is long dead and is not gaining anything by anyone buying or not buying anything the company who still has his name makes. When he made that stupid comment he also did a great job of showing others what happens when you try to "compromise" with liberals and Democrats. He thought his statement would allow his guns to be sold unchanged. Came as a shock to him when that did not happen and hopefully helped wake up a few others who always want "sensible gun control". Then the one I always get the biggest laugh out of. People who would not buy an American made gun due to Sr's stupid comments, so they would instead buy a gun made in a county where the citizens there could not own any guns. This is a lot like people who will not vote for some conservative who is not "conservative enough", so they end up letting some gun grabber get the post as they sit home. Never understood quite how that helps us either.

I'm just impressed (and pleased) that Ruger is willing to step into the 10mm market in this way. Makes me think there is still hope for the 10mm round. They must believe so to turn out a new gun.

I don't believe the 10mm will go away anytime soon. It's actually quite popular with hunters and hikers. Semi auto with the same power as a .44 Magnum (load dependant of course). I don't see who wouldn't like it, except for the recoil sensitive folks.

Now if only we could get more ammo makers to offer loadings for it, and get it on the shelves, and at decent prices:):):)
Still, it's pretty easy to roll your own and make really good even better:D
I do not see it ever going away, not with more gun manufactures offering it in various configurations
:s0042:

I don't believe the 10mm will go away anytime soon. It's actually quite popular with hunters and hikers. Semi auto with the same power as a .44 Magnum (load dependant of course). I don't see who wouldn't like it, except for the recoil sensitive folks.

In my G20, I haven't found recoil to be bad at all. Feels similar to .45 to me.

True, but if you want a 10mm in 1911 style, not a large number of options out there.

actually there are quite a few 1911 options out there, the problem is that the G20 is still in fact quite a lot cheaper.

The new Ruger 10mm has a ramped barrel. +1 for full pressure loads.

If I make the plunge, I'll have to find someone who can throw an ambi-safety on it for me.

In my G20, I haven't found recoil to be bad at all. Feels similar to .45 to me.

I had a Smith 1006 for a while, and found the recoil to be no big deal. My neighbor had a Glock 20 and I've shot it with Underwood loads. Again, no big deal. I'm not recoil sensitive nor do I really have much flinch.

Now if only we could get more ammo makers to offer loadings for it, and get it on the shelves, and at decent prices:):):)
Still, it's pretty easy to roll your own and make really good even better:D
I do not see it ever going away, not with more gun manufactures offering it in various configurations
:s0042:

Well, I've got the dies, it's a start.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class