JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm glad to hear that is a reliable and soft shooter. Makes me want it even more. I liked my 1006 just fine, and I'm glad @Mistman still has it and enjoy it. But the 1911 platform in 10mm is really the perfect application for me. Now, to scrape up some funds. Ah, the head gasket repair comes first though. :rolleyes:

The 10 would have been a whole bunch better with a 6" long slide model OPTION. Also a true high cap double stack. What is the frame made out of? Does anybody know?

Only my opinion, but a long slide would start to get big enough I would rather carry a revolver. And a double stack? Would also make me no longer interested. The appeal to many 1911 shooters is the slim grip frame allows folks of different hand sizes to be able to shoot it.

The frame, barrel, and slide are stainless steel.

Yeah, I'm actually OK with the single stack as well. My hands would fit a double, but the fact that it's already a heavy gun makes me glad they didn't double the ammo capacity as well as fatten the frame.

Definitely a resurgence of interest in it. Rem came out w/a long slide hunter that seems to be a pretty decent gun from the reviews. Sig is supposed to be putting a 1911 10mm together, they already have the P220 in 10mm. Colt, STI, Dan Wesson, Remington and Rock Island already make production 10mm 1911's.
You forgot para ordinance.
There have been lots of hog hunters and such using 10's for hunting with great results,so I'm not surprised more have come to the best caliber ever made.
I've been on the band wagon for quite some time. I had a chance to do a trade with Springfield's first 10mm from on of the venders at the Chentralious show. I didn't know enough about it and my buddy from the gun shop couldn't find anything on line about it. So I decided against it. Then I was told it was a great gun:confused:

The double stack could be done but would only add a few rounds unless you wanted to go with wide grip like a glock if you want a council carry gun signal stack is the way to go

There have been lots of hog hunters and such using 10's for hunting with great results,so I'm not surprised more have come to the best caliber ever made.

This! I'm going to charter a trip to go hog hunting next year, and by then I hope to have a 1911 in 10mm just for that. Frankly, for a hunting sidearm, it could be argued as the best overall "shootable" caliber for that. Yeah, yeah .500 is bigger but I wouldn't call it all that "shootable" for the masses.

I've been on the band wagon for quite some time. I had a chance to do a trade with Springfield's first 10mm from on of the venders at the Chentralious show. I didn't know enough about it and my buddy from the gun shop couldn't find anything on line about it. So I decided against it. Then I was told it was a great gun:confused:

I don't think Para is currently producing though. Didn't Remington shut Para USA down? I've looked around for a double-stack Para in 10mm and can't find them anywhere. I really like my double-stack P14.45, I'd love to get one in 10mm, but it appears nobody has them.

The 10mm has been around for years the first time I heard about it was like 1984 or 1985 I want one HEHEH but now I have to decide what gun I want lol

I THINK, (not sure) that Ruger Screwed up again. They need to fire the CEO and put ME in charge! I am left handed. Where are all the left handed Ruger products? Dunno.

The 10 would have been a whole bunch better with a 6" long slide model OPTION. Also a true high cap double stack. What is the frame made out of? Does anybody know?

Here one to that spec: PRO Match Ultra 6" HC - 10mm | Armscor International, Inc

elsie

I don't think Para is currently producing though. Didn't Remington shut Para USA down? I've looked around for a double-stack Para in 10mm and can't find them anywhere. I really like my double-stack P14.45, I'd love to get one in 10mm, but it appears nobody has them.
PARA: Elite LS Hunter
Para Elite Hunter single stack 6" 1911 in 10mm
I have a P16-40 S&W dbl stack with a 10mm (Barsto) - the P16 model isn't made new but can be picked up used. The Barsto was a drop in fit, factory 40 mags, feeding and extraction all work perfectly w/10mm. The P16 is a good conversion platform.

PARA: Elite LS Hunter
Para Elite Hunter single stack 6" 1911 in 10mm
I have a P16-40 S&W dbl stack with a 10mm (Barsto) - the P16 model isn't made new but can be picked up used. The Barsto was a drop in fit, factory 40 mags, feeding and extraction all work perfectly w/10mm. The P16 is a good conversion platform.

Have you actually seen them in stock anywhere? Everywhere I've looked that carries Para, they've been out for quite a while. So I still have to wonder, are they actually in current production? When I search online I find articles about them being shut down by Remington.

I'd love to get my hands on that P16-40 with a conversion barrel. Doesn't have to be a new gun, my 14.45 was used and is still a great pistol.

Great! Me to my wife: "Hey, Babe. I need to spend $800 for a great gun and some dies. Will next month be okay?" And her look: View attachment 371587

Best get this part out of the way early. :cool:

One of my favorites what the one guy who does a lot of videos. He was doing one on that little flame thrower they came out with. Flashing across the screen was from his other half, "What did you buy now? I hope you can have sex with it because that's going to be your only option for a while!!":eek::eek:

Have you actually seen them in stock anywhere? Everywhere I've looked that carries Para, they've been out for quite a while. So I still have to wonder, are they actually in current production? When I search online I find articles about them being shut down by Remington.

I'd love to get my hands on that P16-40 with a conversion barrel. Doesn't have to be a new gun, my 14.45 was used and is still a great pistol.
My take from his post is that it's out of production.
There are a couple on Gunbroker.

My take from his post is that it's out of production.
There are a couple on Gunbroker.

I know the P16 is out of production, but the link he posted was to the Elite Hunter - on their website it makes it look like it's still a new item, but I still can't find any evidence they are actually in current production.

Took my EAA Compact 10mm out today, put 28 rounds through it (two full size mags). Went looking for the brass, and couldn't find any. WTH? As we were cleaning up to leave, I went to a spot where there were dozens of shotgun hulls, lo and behold, there was all my brass in a 3' diameter area. It was easily 25' behind and 8' to the right of where I was shooting. Dang!

Also found one of my slugs while cleaning. A shining example of why you want to use HP rounds for SD - the bullet pictured plowed through ~8" of mud (water from the targets we were shooting). Look how little deformation it has. (unfired example on on left, slug found on right). Excuse the blur...

20170625_145927.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads