JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Camp Carbine. otherwise...

Yawn copy.png

I'd really like to see the features of the 'dark' series but not the look. Anything 'tactical' looking in a lever gun looks silly and reminds me of that Mossberg abomination -

1632948420745.png

EEEEEW!

Stainless threaded small loop pistol grip laminated stock 1894css in 38/357, stainless threaded small loop pistol grip laminated stock 1895 in 45-70.
picatinny base on both.

those are the only two they need.
CEO did miss the boat.

Yeah, I have even less interest in that, and no 45.
Oh, I had to buy one out of curiosity when they first came out.

I had shot one of the originals years ago and 'kind of' always wanted one but never got serious about it until the new model came out. I actually like it as a novelty - and it does shoot better than I expected.

Oh, I had to buy one out of curiosity when they first came out.

I had shot one of the originals years ago and 'kind of' always wanted one but never got serious about it until the new model came out. I actually like it as a novelty - and it does shoot better than I expected.
Good! I'm not a 9 guy. I have 9s, but they don't do a whole lot for me. A Camp Carbine in 45, with synth stock would be fine. The Marlin wood stocks tended to crack at the wrist, I've heard. That's where the buttstock on my 444 cracked, but it had a little more provocation.

The Marlin wood stocks tended to crack at the wrist, I've heard
And the magwells are getting brittle and cracking on the originals as well.

I came close to buying one new around 1998-99 if I recall and that was about the end of them as well.

I later considered a few used ones I had came across but then learned about the brittle magwells and forgot about it altogether.

Oh man! I had forgotten about these until you brought it up! And haven't seen one in a long time!
I know they would sell - at least two of them anyway. With the current interest in M-1 carbines, I'm surprised that Ruger has not produced a 10-22 M1. If they kill the 99, at least they could have the decency to sell the rights to another manufacturer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top