JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Waiting for the Ruger-Marlin 336's to become available locally.

(Would love to see it in 444, but may have to settle for another 30-30)

I heard they're no longer microgrooved; standard rifling, standard twist.

And still have the stoopid crossbolt safety ( but at least has a halfcock, so you you can ignore that stoop)id crossbolt

At least the rifle looks to be gloss blued instead of that flat black, bead blasted parkerizing that Remington did to cover-up their sloppy machining.

Got high hopes for the Ruger 336.

I Only own one Marlin, a pre crossbolt Golden 39A however I have occasionally looked at Remlins in LGSs over the years and had mixed emotions.

Some were pretty nice, very good fit and finish then some were, eh, so - so.

I kind of 'kicked around' the idea of buying one in .357 mag but never saw one and then stumbled on a Henry and at the time (2014) they were really hard to find so I bought it on the spot.

I saw several Remlins off and on in .45 Colt but never a .357.

I have owned JM Marlins from the 60's, the CL series in 32-20, Original 1894's, Remlin 336 in 35 rem (PO....) 1895 GBL and the new Ruger made.

Each has it's good and bad. The wife loves her 336 dark in 30-30- with the muffler on it. I am very partial to my new ruger/marlin trapper.

But honestly- buy at your own risk. I had a 444 that was completely worthless, a great single shot lever gun. A CB in 45-70 that I would still have if a good friend hadn't seen it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top