JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whatever they build...
Quality is a must.
Marlin and quality were a ways apart for a while....enough to cause a breach of trust.

I would love to see a line of some of Marlin's classic lever guns...
And a quality build of the Camp Carbine.
Andy
The Camp Carbine stock issue is easily fixed, and there are far superior polymers for the mag wells. One can only hope, as the demand for PCCs is pretty good about now.

The Camp Carbine stock issue is easily fixed, and there are far superior polymers for the mag wells. One can only hope, as the demand for PCCs is pretty good about now.
It was more of the workings that were the issue for me...things like the buffer being made of plastic and breaking.....
I know folks made replacements....but needing to buy a replacement part for a then new firearm , no thanks.
Andy

My perspective might be a bit skewed because of my business but I can say that 45-70 is very popular and probably a good choice for a first to market lever gun. I'm sure Ruger is far from done in that market. I'd say look for the reintroduction of flush fit rotary magazine lever guns in pistol calibers as well as traditional tube feeds for rimmed cartridges. I'd like to see a rotary magazine lever rifle in 30 Carbine to go with my Blackhawk. I'll bet on down the road we see more lever rifle and revolvers sold as matched pairs.

My perspective might be a bit skewed because of my business but I can say that 45-70 is very popular and probably a good choice for a first to market lever gun. I'm sure Ruger is far from done in that market.
It is very popular - probably the most popular selling Marlin lever action. I think a '95 in .45-70 with a 16" octagon barrel would be a good seller too.

I'd say look for the reintroduction of flush fit rotary magazine lever guns in pistol calibers as well as traditional tube feeds for rimmed cartridges. I'd like to see a rotary magazine lever rifle in 30 Carbine to go with my Blackhawk. I'll bet on down the road we see more lever rifle and revolvers sold as matched pairs.
I don't care for the looks of such lever actions. The traditional looks of a thin slab sided Browning based lever action are what appeal to me, including the tub mag. The only removable mag fed lever action I like is the Browning BLR.

I like where you're going with this, but no way ruger would compete against their own PCC, takedown, charger PC. Etc.

Maybe someone will start making aftermarket wood for the ruger pistol carbine?

I want one in .44 mag with a threaded barrel. It would be great to shoot .44 sp with a silencer.
My rolling block with the 28" barrel has pretty much .30-30 ballistics when shooting .357 Mag. With .38 Spc it sounds and feels like an air rifle. It's a delight to shoot. With a silencer it would be VERY quiet.

More popular over what timeframe? I'd think they've sold more lever actions in .30-30 than any other rifle cartridge.
For the 336? More popular than the 1895 in .45-70 over a long time frame - probably.

Current time frame (snapshot), my bet is on the 1895 in .45-70 or their '94 in .45LC - Cowboy shooting being very popular right now.

I could be wrong, but that is my guess.

I got the 336 youth model setup for a scout scope & the '95 SBL - I got an 1895 before the 336, but then I sold it as I wanted the shorter barreled SBL, which I got later, after the 336.

I wrote a letter to Chris Killoy, the CEO of Ruger Firearms. Below is a snip of the reply I got that pertains to the discussion here.

"Robert,

We are thrilled with our acquisition of the Marlin Firearms Company - an iconic American firearms brand. We view the 150-year history of great, American-made firearms as nothing less than a perfect fit for Ruger. Together, we believe the two brands will stand as American icons in the firearms industry.

We are now in the process of setting up production of new, Ruger-made, Marlin-branded firearms and anticipate bringing these products to market in late 2021. Initially, we will be focused on the Model 1894, Model 1895 and Model 336 lever-action rifles, but our plans are to bring back the entire line-up over time. We ask that you please bear with us during this process, and rest assured we are committed to producing Marlin firearms with the same quality and attention to detail that is a hallmark of Ruger. We are confident the resulting product will be something you will be proud to enjoy moving forward.

In the meantime, I appreciate your input on potential models and will share your comments with our design team!"

Sounds to me like they are listening to their customers. Good on them.

I sold my 1895 and regret it. It was always with me in the Bob Marshall Wilderness, usually across my chest while sleeping in a hammock. It survived subzero temps, being left in the show, dropped on rocks, heavy rain, etc. Excellent firearm with a potent round for that situation where spray just didn't cut it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top