JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger 10/22: Buy stock or buy someone's modded 10/22? I want to buy a 10/22. I would like a heavy barrel with a scope. Would it be smarter to wait (dunno how long) to buy a Ruger Target 10/22 or buy a modded used 10/22? Are there guys who do the 10/22 mods and sell them at gun shows? Thanks for your Help!

I just got my first 10/22 and modded it myself. They are SUPER EASY to mod with minimal tools (a punch and hex key set was all I needed) and there are tons of Youtube videos walking you step by step.

Of course, if someone has a build for sale that is exactly what you want, get that.

I pieced almost my entire build from used parts on this site's classfieds and estimate I saved about $400 all-in versus buying everything straight up.

Do it yourself. They're silly easy to mess with and if you need help on something specific, plenty of info on the net, this forum, and you can probably entice some help with the promise of beer if need be.

Buy the 10/22 model that gets you closest to where you want to be…if you're replacing everything (which I've done) - then Sportsman's usually has carbine models on sale for $180 around the holidays…keep an eye out for sales.

In all my years and the many many I've owned. If you plan on changing anything, just start with a receiver.

Newest "chassis " on the block. SB tactical, m lok compatible. Brownells had them for $100 last week.

SB22_Fixed_Exploded_Web.jpg maxresdefault-3.jpg

I have a Kidd receiver on the way , looked at buying a Ruger receiver but for 40-50 buck more why not have the best. no Ruger parts will be used in the build.

Question... which is easier to throw together between a 10/22 vs an AR15? I'm starting to wonder if "his and hers" 10/22s might be a better start for introducing her to the workbench than just dumping her straight into Serious Work iron...

Question... which is easier to throw together between a 10/22 vs an AR15? I'm starting to wonder if "his and hers" 10/22s might be a better start for introducing her to the workbench than just dumping her straight into Serious Work iron...
Yes.

Don't even need a vice to put together a 10/22. Just some Allen keys.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top