JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Washington state but I would like to get an Oregon CPL. I understand that the CPL process is a "shall Issue" for out of state residents and it all depends on which Oregon county sheriff is more user friendly towards gun owners. My sister lives in Clackamas county. I was hoping I could go to her house and hang out for a day or so and get my Oregon CPL while I;m there. So I looked up the rules on the Clackamas county sheriff's website and they stated emphatically that they do not give Oregon CPL's to out of state residents. I need to find a gun friendly sheriff in Oregon or someone up here who holds a class and walks everyone thru the process. I have a Utah CPL and I ride my motorcycle on long trips occasionally. I don't like disarming while riding thru Oregon because I feel naked! Thanks in advance to anyone who can jump in and help me with this.

Cheers, X-Beast

Not sure but Yamhill County Seems gun friendly. Worth a call. A drive to McMinneville from your sisters house would be a lot closer than Wollawa.

Figure out what county, (find one without a wait period), get the application ahead of time and fill it out.

Bring ID, $65, certificate of firearms safety course and get it done.

I am a Washington resident and have a Oregon CPL (Come on Stomper, I had too)

I applied for mine at the Tacoma Dome gun show. The Columbia County Sheriff had a booth set up, took your picture and accepted your pre filled out application (you have to have the certification part squared away too)

Took less than a month to get it in the mail.

Super painless and the folks who handled it at the gun show (I assume all members of the Sheriff's department) where very nice and helpful

My understanding is they plan on continuing to come up to Seattle area shows to accept applications. You might check and see if they are coming to the WAC show that is coming up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top