JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could or the easier (or quicker) solution is reset the headspace yourself. Very easy to do on the RPR as the headspace is set with the barrel nut.

Can you tell me or link me as to how? I've never removed an RPR barrel. I assume it's similar to an AR?

if anything, checking headspace is not going to hurt at all especially when getting the rifle in the condition where ammo is hard to load. it is hopefully going to tell you a lot when you put a go gauge in it.

if anything, checking headspace is not going to hurt at all especially when getting the rifle in the condition where ammo is hard to load. it is hopefully going to tell you a lot when you put a go gauge in it.

Yeah man, I'm down for anything to make this rifle shoot like it should. Thanks for the YT vid links!

Before you do much more, I think you should send it back to Ruger. Lots of things have been mentioned that might 'help' but they might not. Making it right is Rugers responsible and they should be given the opportunity.

Yeah, you might be right. I just don't have much "give up" in me and I really want to figure this out......

Before you do much more, I think you should send it back to Ruger. Lots of things have been mentioned that might 'help' but they might not. Making it right is Rugers responsible and they should be given the opportunity.

Totally agree with you. I would personally do one more range trip to confirm it is the RPR and if no dice then heck ya send that thing back to Ruger and let them do there thing.

When I built my Noveske SPR I was told over and over again that I was wasting my time. It was a dumb project, blah blah. But I could hit at 800+ with it. Repeatably. It was fun to stomp on those that said it couldn't be done. But this .308 at close range.................

Thanks for all the advice and replies guys. I'll keep digging.....

@SKrueger @Joe13 I'm in for ANY day upcoming. Work day or not. If you guys have time, I'm there. Not sure if I want to wait until the day we agreed to honestly. Irritated. :mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top