JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the mount isnt "bridging the gap" between the receiver and handguard is it?

Nope, nothing touching at all. Maybe even a little tall.

IMG_2879.jpg

One of the Issues I heard about with the Rugers had been in the Barrel Bedding. I think you should give it a bit of polishing, check the bedding and STAY with the same ammo. Using "whatever" Ammunition during break-in is one thing but if you are checking for Accuracy then I don't think swapping out from one Group to the next is going to work.

One of the Issues I heard about with the Rugers had been in the Barrel Bedding. I think you should give it a bit of polishing, check the bedding and STAY with the same ammo. Using "whatever" Ammunition during break-in is one thing but if you are checking for Accuracy then I don't think swapping out from one Group to the next is going to work.

Makes total sense. But 4 MOA? I would expect that with even bulk garbage I could do better than that.

Yes, I do. And if I can get the darn thing to tighten up I'd be more than happy to have it host one. But right now I want to throw it out a window! :D
if we ever meet up to shoot youre more than welcome to thread my can on there and try it out (if the brake comes off easy)

so youre saying the bolt gets harder to open and close the more you shoot it?

if we ever meet up to shoot youre more than welcome to thread my can on there and try it out (if the brake comes off easy)

so youre saying the bolt gets harder to open and close the more you shoot it?

Yeah, harder to close. In fact, I even had it jam once trying to seat a round. Full mag, empty chamber and the round wouldn't go into battery. I had to drop the mag and start over. WTF?

Yeah, harder to close. In fact, I even had it jam once trying to seat a round. Full mag, empty chamber and the round wouldn't go into battery. I had to drop the mag and start over. WTF?
ya. WTF? wondering if theres some debris in there.

as a handloader the only time ive had a bolt be hard to close is when i failed to resize my brass properly.

ive had bolt be hard to open from over pressure before too.

IMG_0498.JPG IMG_0499.JPG

These are the best I can do with my phone. The bore is clean and the rifling looks even. At least to me. How can some brass shavings affect it that much?

everything look straight? barrel is going straight thru the handguard and not more toward one side? is it possible the barrel nut might not be tight?

Throws the round off trajectory?

Just a guess

OK, but how? The projectile travels down 20" of rifled barrel....so if the bolt face and feed ramps are crudded up with brass shavings how could that affect the trajectory? And no, no strikes on the break @v0lcom13sn0w. But great question and made me look!

To my untrained eye, everything looks true and is tight.
not sure this would affect anything since a scope is zeroed to the barrel bore but assuming something is coming in contact with the handguard (bipod, shooting bag, lead sled) could the handguard be flexing or vibrating throwing it off somehow?

without going too far down a rabbit hole im still thinking keep shooting it and take a different scope with you to the range.

every rifle ive bought has been good to go out of the box or right off the bench after ive built it. i really really hope you get this worked out... the nice thing is @SKrueger is such a good guy it aint even gonna cost you(minus gas and ammo....but u get to go shooting:D) to try a different scope.

we all should go shoot together someday.

wont have much freedom in a few weeks for a while though. gotta take care of baby.

View attachment 404761 View attachment 404762

These are the best I can do with my phone. The bore is clean and the rifling looks even. At least to me. How can some brass shavings affect it that much?
brother, i have tons of brass shavings/unburnt powder amongst other crud in my guns from shooting suppressed and accuracy still holds true. i dont think a few brass shavings are an issue

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top