JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First four shots, justified.
Second string of four shots, questionable, but still justified in Texas after dark.
The one shot to the head at close range after taking the robber's pistol, done in anger and not justified.

Best hope that one of those first four shots had already killed the guy so the charge is desecration of a corpse instead of murder.

Harris County, TX (Houston) has a Liberal George Soros funded DA.
I was taught to shoot until the threat was terminated
we were not there - if the Perp with the plastic gun was on drugs and still moving, the shooter was justified
a person on meth or Fentanyl can do a lot of damage after their body is disabled by normal medical standards

The one thing the shooter has going for him is if they charge him they still have to find 12 people there who will watch the video and all still say guilty. If they do try to charge him they will push REALLY hard to get him to plead to something.

The one thing the shooter has going for him is if they charge him they still have to find 12 people there who will watch the video and all still say guilty. If they do try to charge him they will push REALLY hard to get him to plead to something.
Yep, which is why the #1 rule always remains.

"Don't talk to the police."

Yep, which is why the #1 rule always remains.

"Don't talk to the police."
Wrong!
brad pitt you do not talk about fight club GIF

Some legal experts will say dont talk to police, some will say talk to the police.
Which is it?

MAS comes at it from the perspective of a cop. The lawyer comes at it from the prospective of a lawyer. The cops job ultimately is to put you in jail. The lawyers job, if they are the defender, is to keep you out of jail. I'll take the advice of the lawyer 10/10 times.

The caveat I will add is that if you call the police, sure, tell them the reason why you are calling them and who/what they are responding too. If it's an incident that involves you or you are being questioned "anything you say can and will be used AGAINST you in a court of law."

The caveat I will add is that if you call the police, sure, tell them the reason why you are calling them and who/what they are responding too. If it's an incident that involves you or you are being questioned "anything you say can and will be used AGAINST you in a court of law."
Thats actually what Mas is suggesting to do when he advocated to talk to the cops. He outlines it in 5 points in the vid. After that he does not suggest talking to the cops.

Thats actually what Mas is suggesting to do when he advocated to talk to the cops. He outlines it in 5 points in the vid. After that he does not suggest talking to the cops.
I've watched both of them before, the problem is, a lot of people have difficulty knowing when to stop talking, and cops are trained to get people to give incriminating information under the guise of, "just tell me what happened."

Safer to say nothing and talk with counsel.

I've watched both of them before, the problem is, a lot of people have difficulty knowing when to stop talking, and cops are trained to get people to give incriminating information under the guise of, "just tell me what happened."

YEP! People get all upset and wired after something and can't stop talking. They need to just say Lawyer and keep saying lawyer. NOTHING is gained by talking before you speak to the pro.

I agree with the 5 points Mas outlines but the problem is given the situation will anyone be calm enough to remember them, much easier to remember to just say nothing.

Its not going to go well for the guy even in Texas. Between shooting the guy after he had been shot and disarmed ( threat was over ) and leaving the scene he's going to need a good lawyer. No doubt he'll get some legal fund donations.

Its not going to go well for the guy even in Texas. Between shooting the guy after he had been shot and disarmed ( threat was over ) and leaving the scene he's going to need a good lawyer. No doubt he'll get some legal fund donations.
Sounds like he is making the best choice he could make after the initial mistakes he made. With the pictures they had of him I figured there was no way they would not be able to find him. Now if he just does not agree to plea to something he stands a chance. Not sure if any DA is going to want to try to take this to 12 people there and hope not even one refuses to find him guilty. If he needs money he will have to use something other than gofundme, as they will surely refuse to allow it. No doubt he will get plenty of money to help with lawyer fee's.

Now if he just does not agree to plea to something he stands a chance. Not sure if any DA is going to want to try to take this to 12 people there and hope not even one refuses to find him guilty.
If this goes to trial its going to be an interesting case. Clearly the robber was a life threat to everyone even when his back was to the shooter. The debate about the shots after the threat was over, and specifically the last shot, the good guy can claim he saw him move but thats a weak argument there given the video evidence and the amount of rounds in the robber. Lots of people, including this thread, believe they are supposed to shoot to kill. I cant help but wonder if the good guy here had that mindset. If this goes to trial it will be an interesting lesson in that mindset.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top