JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just heard the other day that distributors are accepting pre-orders now of the SIG P290. The bad part was the listed the "tentative MSRP" at around $700 for the gun. That is a huge leap from SIG's initial $500 reports.

If this is true I think you can go ahead and by a burial plot for this gun. If this gun does fail, like I predict it will at this price, I think it could very well spell doom for SIG's entire polymer line up considering how poorly they handled the whole P250 model.

It is almost like they are intentionally shooting themselves in the foot. I cannot imagine they are actually this out of touch or incompetent. It is like someone inside SIG wanted to appear to make an effort to participate in the modern carry gun trends but did not actually want to be involved in it.

Maybe they want out of the U.S. market,ever think of that. They are positioning themselves as a high end firearm maker. Doing the double action thing. You gotta remember this is German design quality firearm blessed in the Black Forest by same people who set the prices on Mercedes Benz parts. Open your wallet, they need the money. :s0112:Spad

It's all about market segment share. Polymer pistols are a large and growing share of the pistol market as a whole and Sig is trying to grab their chunk of it. Will they ever pose much of a threat to Glock, SA, Kahr, et al? I doubt it. At least not at that price point.

MSRP is a joke, typically they sell for noticeably less.

Walthers PPS in 9mm MSRPs for $735. I could get in the car, drive 20 minutes away and buy it for $600, new from shop.

Wades lol...called them about a bushmaster ar15, they said 1300 otd!! Got it for 950 new

This might be a tactic, the margin at 700 could be huge and they could advertise it on sale to hopefully fool some people

I think that the wholesale price is the big factor. Considering that this gun has had mixed reviews and with stiff competition, raising the MSRP while keeping the wholesale price the same SIG could be trying to entice more dealers to carry and push the new gun because of the profit margin.

+1 on the Wades' comment

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads