JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
which destination? They are being mailed to me. So that's my responsibility. Once we turn them into the state. Then its all trusting that they dont screw us (like they tried to in Colorado)

Perhaps consider scanning each and every one into a digital file, then copy that entire file to several pro-gun legislators on or before the signature submission date, so they have copies of every signature as well. That way, if it appears that signature sheets are suddenly missing, it can be cross verified how many there actually were. Probably best to send any copies via registered mail and after confirming with that legislator's office to make sure they'd be willing to receive them. Then you could have them back you up if it appears something is amiss.

4/23 update
Electronic recall petitions are up. If you are a registered voter in the district, download them, sign then and mail them back to us (or turn it in in person at a meeting)

<broken link removed>

Our recall is out of planning and up and running. So this new thread is for ongoing discussion of the recall.

As of today 4/17 our recall petition has been submitted. The next step is getting approval of our recall signature forms so that we can collect signatures. We are anticipating support to get paid signature gatherers to help but we still need our volunteers to help gather signatures.

Once we get approval of our signature forms we will set up a meeting, as early as this weekend, to get people the forms, make sure they know the process for collecting signatures and the message we want to share. If you want to help but cant make it that soon, we will have ongoing meetings.

The goal is to get all the signatures in the first 30 days. Though we have 90 days, collecting them all in during the time that the legislators are still in session puts them at a disadvantage.

On the electronic forms....what address are we mailing them to? Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I didn't find an address anywhere.

Go Time!

The forms are ready and up on the website. Directions are included on the site.
<broken link removed>

Everyone. This recall is up to us. We have been brushed off by the NRA, Second amendment foundation, Oregon GOP and every other big group that you would think would be happy to help us. We've already seen the other side play dirty tricks. We've even had someone try to infiltrate the recall groups to torpedo the efforts all while trying to rip us off. We are seeing the same dirty tricks that the Colorado recall saw (and they warned us would happen).

If this is going to work, it will be because of us. We need to send this message now. If we do nothing, they will roll right over this state

What exactly did the NRA say. I would like to know so that I can contact them personally to "thank them" for letting Washington, and now Oregon fend for ourselves. Should have skipped renewing my NRA membership, and given more money to OFF.
If you would rather not say publicly, feel free to start a private conversation.

What exactly did the NRA say. I would like to know so that I can contact them personally to "thank them" for letting Washington, and now Oregon fend for ourselves. Should have skipped renewing my NRA membership, and given more money to OFF.
If you would rather not say publicly, feel free to start a private conversation.

PM sent. I will share the whole experience once the recall is done. its literally been soap opera level politics the last few weeks. I can see why the guys in Colorado are writing a book on their process.

Shhh careful, I get ad hominem attacked when I suggest the NRA is ignoring the west coast.
of course with exception of the weekly phone soliciting/hounding for money to support the "good fight" against the 2nd amendment attacks
then selling our names & address's & phone numbers to 3rd party business for further soliciting.........
NRA says we need your support, your membership counts...they just want your money...this isnt your grandads NRA wake up, there are better organizations that are actually fighting for the west coast.
the antis are trying the divide and conquer but the NRA is doing a far better job

Bring on the ad hominem attacks because my opinion isnt the same as yours:rolleyes:

That's ok. If we were going to wait for them to do something, we'd still be waiting. That's why you guys are awesome. Even if we dont succeed, I have learned who my true friends are.

We will succeed in making it known we are not going to be pushed over or ignored without consequence. Even if we aren't successful in our bid to recall a few politicians, at least they are aware that we are paying attention and it will cost them votes next time around.

I printed a bunch of forms and distributed them among my co-workers. I showed them how to check their voter status and how to renew it if necessary. I expect to have a dozen signed forms within a few days.

I am sure there are good reasons...but why the employer info and no paypal on the donation page? Spreading the word to those I know on the west side of the mountains!

$100 bucks donated to riley and hoyle recall each and another hundy to OFF for good measure.

Last Edited:
I am sure there are good reasons...but why the employer info and no paypal on the donation page? Spreading the word to those I know on the west side of the mountains!

$100 bucks donated to riley and hoyle recall and another hundy to OFF for good measure.

Thanks that is awesome. that will actually go to the purchase of a ton of envelopes to spread to the gun shops in the district tomorrow so that they can hand out the petitions to customers. the state campaign financing website has very strict requirements. Stuff like the employer is required. Paypal does not provide enough information and also not fast enough to work. We'd actually get fined by the state if we tried to use paypal. (think of it as quickbooks if run by the DMV) Anedot was developed specifically for political donations to work with state campaign financing websites.

Right on! All good just was wondering. Ok people if your not in the districts and able to sign...time to put your money where your mouth is! This fight needs FUNDING! Match my donations or beat em! Make me feel cheap for only sending off 300$ today and I will have to send more!:D

Also, those not in the district but wanting and willing to help, spread the word. Talk to you co-workers, neighbors, any and all acquaintances you have. It doesn't matter if they support the recall or not. Also, if you have spare time, please write letters to your local media outlets. All of them. This will take every voice, every email, letter and phone call we can muster.

Perhaps consider scanning each and every one into a digital file, then copy that entire file to several pro-gun legislators on or before the signature submission date, so they have copies of every signature as well. That way, if it appears that signature sheets are suddenly missing, it can be cross verified how many there actually were. Probably best to send any copies via registered mail and after confirming with that legislator's office to make sure they'd be willing to receive them. Then you could have them back you up if it appears something is amiss.
We have already planned on having a petition "library system." We'll know EXACTLY how many verified signatures we have and all forms will be serialized. The guys in CO had some good tips. B5Ben, Bolus, and I aren't taking any chances. We are playing to win.

Are there any other good targets for recall? I'd like more recalls

I'd like to nominate Brent Barton from Clackamas County. He won by just under 2,000 votes in a county that is heavily pro-gun, though he represents the area of CC closest to the PDX area. If he were successfully recalled, and it were left to the county commission to appoint a successor, we can know that they are right-leaning in that commission and stood against all gun control efforts, including SB 941 - they even sent Commissioner Tootie Smith, a 2A supporter, to say as much in the House Committee this week.

I can't, for a variety of reasons, be a chief petitioner, but I could certainly help collect signatures and maybe help with certain administrative tasks. Our Senator is pro-2A and voted against SB 941, so I think he's good to stay as is.

If someone was available and wanted to step up as chief petitioner, I'd offer my assistance where I could.

I should also mention that one of his snot-nosed little supporters ended up on my doorstep before the 2014 election and proceeded to tell me how they couldn't wait to trounce the folks on the right. I let him go on for a bit, then told him my political views. As he began back-peddling at high speed, looking very, very uncomfortable, I informed him that it's not a wise idea to make such assumptions about people before you start spouting your crap. To make matters even funnier, suddenly Brent Barton went from very left-leaning progressive to suddenly centrist/moderate. It was amazing how quickly the stance changed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top