JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5/14 update:
We will be having a meeting this Saturday at 11:00am at Magnolia park in Hillsboro. This is right across the street from Peets coffee. If you want to help collecting signatures or want to help put out some door hangers stop by anytime 11:00am to 12:00.

Peet's Coffee & Tea
19250 NW Cornell Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124

https://goo.gl/maps/es8uX

4/23 update
Electronic recall petitions are up. If you are a registered voter in the district, download them, sign then and mail them back to us (or turn it in in person at a meeting)

<broken link removed>

Our recall is out of planning and up and running. So this new thread is for ongoing discussion of the recall.

As of today 4/17 our recall petition has been submitted. The next step is getting approval of our recall signature forms so that we can collect signatures. We are anticipating support to get paid signature gatherers to help but we still need our volunteers to help gather signatures.

Once we get approval of our signature forms we will set up a meeting, as early as this weekend, to get people the forms, make sure they know the process for collecting signatures and the message we want to share. If you want to help but cant make it that soon, we will have ongoing meetings.

The goal is to get all the signatures in the first 30 days. Though we have 90 days, collecting them all in during the time that the legislators are still in session puts them at a disadvantage.

Last Edited:
You can get educators on board with this recall with the recent legislation on the state education funding. Many are pissed about this, and feel disenfranchised with the democrats. The tactic they are using is to add an additional tax to cover the cost, or take away the state kicker refunds. This was a $88 per child cut in education funding. This is not just about guns. These legislators are burning their bridges right off the bat with other legislation. Use it!

You can get educators on board with this recall with the recent legislation on the state education funding. Many are pissed about this, and feel disenfranchised with the democrats. The tactic they are using is to add an additional tax to cover the cost, or take away the state kicker refunds. This was a $88 per child cut in education funding. This is not just about guns. These legislators are burning their bridges right off the bat with other legislation. Use it!
Exactly....if we can make it more than just about 2A rights, we have a much better chance of recalling these idiots.

Agreed, if you guys have collected some key talking points on these folks, it would be good to have those posted in one spot here. I occasionally talk with folks from that area and I'd like to encourage as many as possible to sign the recall petition, but would like more than just the 2A argument to give them. The more crossover the better. I just don't know much about the other stuff they've done, I'd like to be better informed.

You also have the gains share deal the democrats are pushing through. This would take away tax money from large corporations that are used in local programs at the city level so they can use it for their agenda at the state level. If they take the money they will just work on giving themselves raises, and fund their pet projects. Another example of "we know better what to do with your money than you do."
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/04/house_speaker_tina_koteks_gain.html

Oh, and there is a provision in SB941 that would make pot smokers who own guns felons. With legal pot passing there could potentially be quite a few liberal who voted these people in on the premise of pot affected by this.

I agree, but that goes against the agenda. See, they would lose votes if they did that. They are only going after gun owners, and pot smokers have got tangled into this by association with firearms. Federally, if you go to a gun dealer the question is already on the background check, but would only lead to a denial. Here they turn them into felons who can never own a firearm again. So, say you have a liberal in one of these districts that has guns or just a gun for some reason, and smokes an occasional joint you can point out that the intention is to take away your freedom to own a gun, but also the felony would by law make them ineligible to vote as well. But the democrats will not tell you this. Omission is still a lie.

It's been a real wake up call to me to discover how many gun owners I know do not even realize this bill is almost law! They are not following it at all :confused:
I am thinking if we could have a short, concise summary of the bill to hand out it would really help when gathering signatures from those who don't know what it's all about and how it has been rammed through as an "emergency" bill.
These short summaries could be handed out to potential signers who are 'borderline' and need to be brought up to date. It would probably save the signature collectors time by avoiding long explanations, debates, and opinions.
Anyone up for writing something like this that we could copy and run off on a copy machine? Does anyone else think this might be helpful?

Are you going to post time/place of meetings?

Yes, that information will show up here. we are still needing to finalize the petition forms (the state requires everything down to the weight of the paper approved before it can be used) then we will set up meetings to instruct the signature gatherers.

Thanks!

It's been a real wake up call to me to discover how many gun owners I know do not even realize this bill is almost law! They are not following it at all :confused:
I am thinking if we could have a short, concise summary of the bill to hand out it would really help when gathering signatures from those who don't know what it's all about and how it has been rammed through as an "emergency" bill.
These short summaries could be handed out to potential signers who are 'borderline' and need to be brought up to date. It would probably save the signature collectors time by avoiding long explanations, debates, and opinions.
Anyone up for writing something like this that we could copy and run off on a copy machine? Does anyone else think this might be helpful?
Good idea, and no need to exaggerate the facts of the asinine Bill. It stinks bad on it's own merit!

Title the Handout should be something like....

SB 941 UBC Bill aka, "Pay up and wait in a long line for a background check with your Firearm just to sell, trade or give it to your Friend, Girlfriend or Neighbor Law." Serial numbers will be recorded.

Penalties for failure to comply, Stiff Fine, Jail Time, Loss of gun ownership rights.

Then give a short example of how time off from work, gas money to go to a dealer etc, makes it a major headache to sell or give away that old rusty single action .22 worth $45.00 to your friend.

Or how a buyer ends up spending a half a day at a dealer for the BG check, gas money to get there etc. all to buy an old plinker worth $40.00 at best.

Also through in a reminder about Pot Smokers loophole being closed!

Last Edited:
Riley's office, when asked for comment, issued a statement from the senator that called the petitions the work of "extreme right-wing groups" who "may not like the fact that I won":

a statement from McLain: Unfortunately, a fringe group has started a recall effort against me over my support of a bill that will close the background checks loophole for private gun sales. I believe that this bill will save lives by ensuring that this gaping loophole........

Hoyle also defended her support of SB 941 -- which tightens extends background checks to private gun sales -- as "common sense."
"I want to be clear that I won't be intimidated away from doing what I think is right,"

"Extreme right wing","Fringe" !?!? Why the name calling?

They have no respect for anyone who has an opposing view. I think Hoyle is about to find out WE won't be intimidated!

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Bloomberg-backed committee that helped elect Riley and push hard for SB 641 this session, Everytown for Gun Safety, said the recall efforts amounted to "the dirty tricks of the gun lobby." :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top