JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Bloomberg-backed committee that helped elect Riley and push hard for SB 641 this session, Everytown for Gun Safety, said the recall efforts amounted to "the dirty tricks of the gun lobby." :rolleyes:

Who knows more about dirty tricks than the Oregon Democratic Legislature???
It's pretty bizarre that many people defending their Constitutional right is seen by them as "dirty tricks"!
Pretty sorry that they see themselves in us, because we couldn't be farther apart from them when it comes to being honest, upfront, and transparent!
The very fact that they deem this bill an "emergency" speaks volumes about bypassing the law making process.

Who knows more about dirty tricks than the Oregon Democratic Legislature???
It's pretty bizarre that many people defending their Constitutional right is seen by them as "dirty tricks"!
Pretty sorry that they see themselves in us, because we couldn't be farther apart from them when it comes to being honest, upfront, and transparent!
The very fact that they deem this bill an "emergency" speaks volumes about bypassing the law making process.

That works well because of tribalism. Everyone loves having an enemy to hate. And a huge faceless evil enemy like a "lobby" is so much easier to hate than your neighbor or friend. And it also is hard to actually think about these bills. to actually consider consequences and if there are alternative reasons they are getting pushed.

As much as I try not to use quotes

"It's easier to fool someone than convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Most of the lies spread like this are self fulfilling. Providing any counter evidence doesn't mean anything when someone has already made up their mind. That's why I suggest not arguing with people who's mind is already made up. Or at least don't get invested in them changing their minds.

We are still in the process of waiting for our signature templates to get approved. Jason got his approved for Van Hoyle so anyone in his district should be ready to sign

We have started to see coordinated attacks to derail the recall process. They are definitely going to make this as difficult as possible. The good news is that we have our core group of supporters here and we will have to double our efforts to keep them at bay.

Electronic signature forms approved! The paper ones were delayed and will be a little longer. We will get the forms up today online

These can be downloaded, signed and mailed to us. The name and address has to be identical to your votor registration. We will need help letting as many people in the district know that these are available.

Electronic signature forms approved! The paper ones were delayed and will be a little longer. We will get the forms up today online

These can be downloaded, signed and mailed to us. The name and address has to be identical to your votor registration. We will need help letting as many people in the district know that these are available.

I'm letting anyone I know in the district, having the electronic form available will be a great way to grab one-offs that might shy away from a petitioner in public. I only wish I could sign it myself. Great work Bolus, I'm very hopeful you will pull this off - as I am for the Val Hoyle recall too.

We are now fully approved for gathering signatures. 6075 signatures for Riley and 2831 for McLain. Clock starts now.

first steps are getting the electronic petition form hosted with instructions and then start meetings with our volunteers who will be gathering signatures. More soon.

Great. Let us know when the electronic form is ready. I have a bunch of people working with me all residents of SD15 itching to sign. I also put my name on the volunteer list and ready to help collect more signatures.

Great. Let us know when the electronic form is ready. I have a bunch of people working with me all residents of SD15 itching to sign. I also put my name on the volunteer list and ready to help collect more signatures.

Go Time!

The forms are ready and up on the website. Directions are included on the site.
<broken link removed>

Everyone. This recall is up to us. We have been brushed off by the NRA, Second amendment foundation, Oregon GOP and every other big group that you would think would be happy to help us. We've already seen the other side play dirty tricks. We've even had someone try to infiltrate the recall groups to torpedo the efforts all while trying to rip us off. We are seeing the same dirty tricks that the Colorado recall saw (and they warned us would happen).

If this is going to work, it will be because of us. We need to send this message now. If we do nothing, they will roll right over this state

Excellent! Can I print as many copies as we need get them signed and mailed to the address in a single envelope? Or do they need to come separately?

Also, I'm going to Riley's coffee meet on Saturday. Can I collect signatures there on the printed electronic forms or is that against the rules?

Excellent! Can I print as many copies as we need get them signed and mailed to the address in a single envelope? Or do they need to come separately?

Also, I'm going to Riley's coffee meet on Saturday. Can I collect signatures there on the printed electronic forms or is that against the rules?

The only thing that matters is that the Chief petitioner needs to turn them in. you can mail them together or bring them to a future meeting to give to us. The most important thing is that the name / address is exactly like a votor registration card. They will throw it out if not identical. They treat this just like a ballot.

Would it work to not fill in all ten entries? That way if one is bad we don't loose ten signatures. Maybe limit them to 5 or less.

Would it work to not fill in all ten entries? That way if one is bad we don't loose ten signatures. Maybe limit them to 5 or less.

The electronic signature form is only for one signature per form. It is designed for an individual to do at home and mail it in.

The signature gatherers (us) for the multi-signature form will be trained to do their best to verify signatures.

How will there be a verification that the individual forms will be retained and counted and just not trashed when they get to their destination ?

How will there be a verification that the individual forms will be retained and counted and just not trashed when they get to their destination ?

which destination? They are being mailed to me. So that's my responsibility. Once we turn them into the state. Then its all trusting that they dont screw us (like they tried to in Colorado)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top