JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think our new efforts should be to convince more than half of Oregon Sheriff's to publicly state that they will not enforce SB941 and/or have County Commissioners/City Councils vote not to fund enforcement. Then splash a graphic of the opposing counties/cities all over the media to emphasize the Portlandia/Salem vs the rest of the State divide.

Last Edited:
I think our new efforts should be to convince more than half of Oregon Sheriff's to publicly state that they will not enforce SB941 and/or have County Commissioners/City Councils vote not to fund enforcement. Then splash a graphic of the opposing counties/cities all over the media to emphasize the Portlandia/Salem vs the rest of the State divide.

I've exchanged communication with our local Sheriff Craig Roberts several times in the last few months. I know others here have done the same. He has repeatedly stated that his position will be that of the OSSA (Oregon State Sheriff's Association). I think the problem is that parts of Clackamas County (pretty much the farthest north areas) are too damn close to Portland and are infected by the virus of the Portland left that want to live 'out here' and bring their typical Portland politics with them. That's how we ended up with anti-gun Brent Barton as one of our reps - his district only encompasses the northern-most areas of Clackamas County.

I've asked him to speak out about this, but he will not. He is a strong 2A supporter, but he's also a politician, as are all Sheriff's, and he has a lot of people to answer to. Maybe if he got a lot of pressure from Clackamas County residents to speak up, he would do something. He did show for the Clackamas County Commission meeting in February where he showed his support of a resolution by the County to stand against any new gun laws. I just wish he would/could do more now about it.

I've exchanged communication with our local Sheriff Craig Roberts several times in the last few months. I know others here have done the same. He has repeatedly stated that his position will be that of the OSSA (Oregon State Sheriff's Association). I think the problem is that parts of Clackamas County (pretty much the farthest north areas) are too damn close to Portland and are infected by the virus of the Portland left that want to live 'out here' and bring their typical Portland politics with them. That's how we ended up with anti-gun Brent Barton as one of our reps - his district only encompasses the northern-most areas of Clackamas County.

I've asked him to speak out about this, but he will not. He is a strong 2A supporter, but he's also a politician, as are all Sheriff's, and he has a lot of people to answer to. Maybe if he got a lot of pressure from Clackamas County residents to speak up, he would do something. He did show for the Clackamas County Commission meeting in February where he showed his support of a resolution by the County to stand against any new gun laws. I just wish he would/could do more now about it.

Pat Garrett is in the same boat. His dept makes it easy and friendly when it comes to firearms, CPLs, NFA sign offs, etc. Before the vote he came out against the bill saying it was costly and unenforceable. However, he is too scared to publicly come out and say he won't enforce it.

I Think our Morrow county sheriff is going the same route. He is staying quiet on every thing. He is up for reelection soon. Will have to rattle his cage.:(:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top