JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

A lot of the Hard Hat Union Dems must distrust/dislike the whole Progressive, extreme Enviro, militant LGBT, everybody's a victim social justice, total anti-gun crowd that Brown seems to fit in so well with.

Will these Trades People break from their Unions and give Oregon a break from Brown and the Super Majority Democrats?

Highly unlikely that any of the trade union employees go against their union knowingly. The unions make it real clear they expect their members to vote the way the union wants, and that the union and their monetary support of the Democrat is what has got the unions all these prevailing wage and DB jobs going. The private employer union membership is pretty small compared to the government unions. They may not like having to support all the dancers and the others, but to get the voting block they want for themselves, they have no problem prostituting themselves out a bit to maintain the numbers.

The union shop stewards make no bones or hiding of how they expect you to vote, that if you don't vote that way all the csing bosses and administrators will f you over real soon. It is an adversarial relationship and they intend for it to remain adversarial and contentious at all times. Been in that shop environment.

Not saying it doesn't happen and go on, but I'm in a trade union, and I've never discussed politics with any shop steward, let alone had any strong arming attempted on me, nor have I never seen it perpetrated. If ever there was a Shop Stewart doing that where I work, I'd have his arse fired post haste (yeah, I can do that).

There are more conservative union members than you think. I'm a registered Indepentent, and I can think of 10-15 other guys that are either Repubs or Indys.

Just sayin'...

Last Edited:
I'll bet you get plenty of mailings and calls telling you how to Vote come election time though Stomper. My wife sure does, they're relentless.

Anyway the Recall links again. This is our best hope at the moment, then the Gubernatorial. Never too early to be convincing people about her and her willingness to sign away our Rights so easily.
https://causes.anedot.com/general-fund-c1c6e6847593edd38a329
<broken link removed>

Not saying it doesn't happen and go on, but I'm in a trade union, and I've never discussed politics with any shop steward, let alone had any strong arming attempted on me, nor have I never seen it perpetrated. If ever there was a Shop Stewart doing that where I work, I'd have his arse fired posts haste (yeah, I can do that).

There are more conservative union members than you think. I'm a registered Indepentent, and I can think of 10-15 other guys that are either Repubs or Indys.

Just sayin'...

I've belonged to several unions over the years, the current one for over 20 years. Old Newbie is correct, they do strongly suggest you vote a particular way. And depending on the job/industry, and the union, they probably often get a high rate of compliance due to fear tactics about losing their jobs/pay/benefits - and many members can't see beyond that - so they become single issue voters.

As for my union/industry, I know a lot of members that don't vote the party line. I work with quite a few conservatives, that vote conservative, I'm one of them. I'm not anti-union, but I do get tired of some of the BS I encounter. I get a ton of mail every election telling me how to vote by different groups - the union is just one of many. But we don't have shop steward intimidation of workers - they'd be put down in a heartbeat if they tried that.

Just a note here..I run about 5 different websites, I have them all hosted at GoDaddy and have never in the last 9 years ever had an outage or down time EVER. Instant response through their customer service solved any problems instantly.

As for my union/industry, I know a lot of members that don't vote the party line. I work with quite a few conservatives, that vote conservative, I'm one of them. I'm not anti-union, but I do get tired of some of the BS I encounter.But we don't have shop steward intimidation of workers - they'd be put down in a heartbeat if they tried that.

Both my wife and I used to belong to AFSCME unions, when we were government teat suckers many years ago. . They were very aggressive in telling you how to vote. My shop steward was a lifer bitterman who hated all the bosses, even though this POS was knocking down 60K+ a year for a low skill trade job. We all laughed at his ranting most of the time. Her people were a bit ore low key, but she just refused to discuss it with them and just paid her dues each month.

I've never been in a Union Stateside but don't have a problem with people who are, except when because of greed, ignorance or lazy mindedness they selfishly Vote as told.

Vote as told when they can see how it's hurting the State and jeopardizing our freedoms!

Unions have done a lot of good but the harm they have caused is starting to turn a lot of people against them.

Last Edited:
Just a reminder that we are having another meeting tomorrow, Saturday 5/23 at the same time and location as the last one

11:00am-12:00 at Magnolia Park across the street from Peet's coffee.

Peet's Coffee & Tea
19250 NW Cornell Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124

https://goo.gl/maps/es8uX

We dont have door hanger's yet but I have addresses of 40,000 non-democratic voters in the district up on google maps now for us to target for signatures. If you volunteered to help you should be getting an email with the maps.

Just a reminder that we are having another meeting tomorrow, Saturday 5/23 at the same time and location as the last one

11:00am-12:00 at Magnolia Park across the street from Peet's coffee.

Peet's Coffee & Tea
19250 NW Cornell Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124

https://goo.gl/maps/es8uX

We dont have door hanger's yet but I have addresses of 40,000 non-democratic voters in the district up on google maps now for us to target for signatures. If you volunteered to help you should be getting an email with the maps.

Glad to have names of voters that should be willing signers, but it's a bit unnerving to me that that information is available. They actually keep track of who voted for which representative? What ever happened to anonymous and private voting???? Guess that's why they want the "security" envelope with our mail in ballots, which have our names and addresses on them :rolleyes:
Will watch my email for the maps, and I plan on being at Magnolia Park tomorrow. I have some signature sheets to turn in, as well.

Glad to have names of voters that should be willing signers, but it's a bit unnerving to me that that information is available. They actually keep track of who voted for which representative? What ever happened to anonymous and private voting???? Guess that's why they want the "security" envelope with our mail in ballots, which have our names and addresses on them :rolleyes:
Will watch my email for the maps, and I plan on being at Magnolia Park tomorrow. I have some signature sheets to turn in, as well.

Sorry. its the party they are registered as, not who they voted for specifically. I assumed if they were democrat they probably would not want to sign the forms so I left democrats off the map. many on the maps have no party registration.

But yeah, name, address, date of birth and if you voted or not in an election, all available publicly. All about 1 step away from what is needed for ID fraud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top