JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got three perfectly lighted pistols with streamlight TLRs on them, but I've got poorly situated weapon lights for my two rifles I'd consider as my go to weapon systems.

I've got one inforce rail mount, but I really would like an offset tube based light with a pressure switch to toggle on and off from a natural grip on my forend rather than having to oddly thumb the inforce.

Please post links or pictures of your rifle lights to give me some ideas!

Advice and recommendations are welcome too.

On my last AR with a light, i had a midwest industries Super Slim gen 2 rail. I put the light on top, all the way at the end of the rail. The shadow looked like a huge wang, but the light was easy to operate and did not interfere with irons (ran 45 degree offsets) or the red dot sight. Used a TLR1 for that.

On my last AR with a light, i had a midwest industries Super Slim gen 2 rail. I put the light on top, all the way at the end of the rail. The shadow looked like a huge wang, but the light was easy to operate and did not interfere with irons (ran 45 degree offsets) or the red dot sight. Used a TLR1 for that.
I've considered this, but I have fixed iron sights on both. If I ever switched to a red dot for my main sight this would be a great place for my inforce.

I've considered this, but I have fixed iron sights on both. If I ever switched to a red dot for my main sight this would be a great place for my inforce.

Do you have a rail, or standard handguards?

A SureFire with pressure switch would indeed prob be your best bet with fixed sight tower.

If its a rail mounted sight, I would move it back a couple inches and slap the inforce in front of it for now. A SureFire 6P LED with pressure switch conversion will fit any 1 inch tube mount.

I have an Elzetta ZHF1500 for a two cell Elzetta light. If fits on the bayonet lug on an standard AR15 rifle.

ZFH1500 - Elzetta Tactical Lighting

They have up the lumen output since I bought mine. I have the lower power 235 lumen model which they have discontinued. You can get a single cell "Alpha" model that is a bit dimmer.

B342 - Elzetta Tactical Lighting

A322 - Elzetta Tactical Lighting

IMG_1892.JPG

I don't use a pressure switch. Since I shoot lefty, I mounted my light on the right. I use the broomstick as a hand stop, so it indexes perfectly and I can use my right hand to operate it momentarily or click for always on.

IMG_3177.JPG

If its a rail mounted sight, I would move it back a couple inches and slap the inforce in front of it for now. A SureFire 6P LED with pressure switch conversion will fit any 1 inch tube mount.
This isn't a horrible idea. Like Tacos 300 blk in that picture. Just setting the light in front of the front sight. That should solve the problem for the time being.

I appreciate all the ideas and pictures.

Keep them coming.

Is Surefire the only one doing the whole weapons lights with pressure plates?

I'm currently using the Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 1 in a Thorntail SBR mount.
IMG_20180513_154048.jpg
Streamlight also has a Rail Mount 2 model with higher output, but I wanted to keep everything as compact as possible.

I don't use a pressure switch, as it lowers the weather protection rating on this particular light.

I'd recommend any light that uses a "Scout" body mount system, as it gives you more options for mounting adapters.

The sleekest mount I could find is the Arisaka Defense Offset M-Lok Mount. I have one for my next project, along with a Protac Rail Mount 2.

This isn't a horrible idea. Like Tacos 300 blk in that picture. Just setting the light in front of the front sight. That should solve the problem for the time being.

I appreciate all the ideas and pictures.

Keep them coming.

Is Surefire the only one doing the whole weapons lights with pressure plates?

Theres a few doing pressure switches, o Light makes on, I think. I thought I have seen replacement backplates for the TLR series lights too.

I Surefire all the way.

Current setups on my light bearing ARs include:

1. A M300 Scout light in an Arisaka offset M-LOK mount (linked two posts above) with a DS07 switch in Cloud Defense LCS @ 12 o'clock.
2. A M600IB Intellabeam with a standard tailcap in a Gear Sector mount @ 12 o'clock (places the light at 1 o'clock, I am left handed)
3. My KISS rifle is a basic BCM 14.5 Middy with a standard FSB, a Mossie Midnight rail and X300U, places the light at 12 o'clock. Mossie Midnight 1913 FSB Mount - Arisaka

Note I mention 12 o'clock a few time, that is my preferred position for a WML on ARSs. Why? It is ambidextrous, castes a minimal shadow in an unobtrusive place and most important is better working around barriers.

Also in my "Arsenal" (according to HI) is an 870 with DSF, a Glock with a X300 and few handhelds.

Sorry, you don't get no pictures cuz I ain't got no camera.

BTW, it would help to know your carbine configuration in order to provide the best advice. Do you have a 1913 railed handguard, M-LOK, std GI, MagPul, standard FSP vs LPGB, etc, etc.

Last Edited:
. Just setting the light in front of the front sight. That should solve the problem for the time being.

Gotta try it once. Doesn't get in the way or hang up on stuff, and doesn't block you sight picture at all. Easy to activate.

Armytek, Olight, and Streamlight all make lights with, or with the option of pressure pads. You can also build an arisaka defense light and use a surefire pressure pad. Probably the most bang/buck+reliability.

Last Edited:
Streamlight protac 1. I have 'some.' They are great. Pressure switch mounted at 12, light mounted at 3 or 9, user preference, mine is at 3. Duel fuel so it can run on 1 AA or 1 CR123. Primary arms has them on sale right now for $80. It's the best value rifle light and the most versatile, IMO.

Streamlight protac 1. I have 'some.' They are great. Pressure switch mounted at 12, light mounted at 3 or 9, user preference, mine is at 3. Duel fuel so it can run on 1 AA or 1 CR123. Primary arms has them on sale right now for $80. It's the best value rifle light and the most versatile, IMO.

Agreed. It has the right amount of lumens and can be used with more than battery type.

I'll give my vote for the Protac Rail Mount lights, as well.

The RM-1 is the perfect size for SBRs and pistols, and the RM-2 gives you more throw if you need it, especially for outdoor use. (See Levetti's photo above for a size comparison of the RM-2)

The best part is that they're half the price of an equivalent Surefire!

Here's my newest RM-1 setup, thanks to Primary Arms:
IMG_20180514_130737.jpg

Last Edited:
You can also build an arisaka defense light and use a surefire pressure pad. Probably the most bang/buck+reliability.

Just looked this company up and I think I found my solution.

They make some really cool stuff.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR