JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Allow me to cut to the chase: Cerberus Training Group's Run the Gun courses are hands-down the best training I've taken for years. These courses were transformative to me, providing the single-biggest leap forward in skill and comfort that I've had in nearly 10 years. Steve (the owner) first reviews the fundamentals of the firearm, platform (stance), grip, and operations and then rockets you through drill after drill to force you to assemble all the fundamentals into a more cohesive whole. And then he adds a timer to simulate increased pressure, which also highlights weaknesses in the fundamentals. And then he walks you back further and further away from the target, forcing you to slow down and get it right.

While Steve calls this a "Basic" course, it is anything but "Beginner." I've been shooting for years, and I'm an NRA pistol instructor, teaching two classes per month. I almost didn't take the class for fear it would be remedial. I was so wrong. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. In fact, Steve teaches a longer version of this course to law enforcement officers in preparation for entry into an extensive SWAT training program. The only audience I don't believe this course is appropriate for is someone just brand new to a pistol or rifle. They need a basic NRA course before attending this one, as this course is faster paced and requires familiarity with the platform.

Steve teaches from a foundation of efficiency and field-tested methods. He explains WHY you do something, and then tells you how to do it better. And he gives you a third way, and lets you choose what works best for you. I learned so many things that were, "Wow! That's way better than the way I do it!"

One of the things that I'm most impressed with is Steve himself. I've seen so many instructors in the firearms world who are complete and total a$$holes, intent upon forcing their superiority onto their subjects. Steve is 180 degrees opposite. He is committed to helping students learn; he'll stop and explain why he does something. If an instruction doesn't work, he'll find a way to adapt it to meet your needs. He'll acknowledge when he doesn't know something, and if someone has a better idea he'll study it and make it his.

I've cancelled all my training plans for the next year and will be taking all programs that Steve offers going forward. You should too.

IMG_8560.png IMG_8559.png IMG_8576.png IMG_8574.png IMG_8561.png

Allow me to cut to the chase: Cerberus Training Group's Run the Gun courses are hands-down the best training I've taken for years. These courses were transformative to me, providing the single-biggest leap forward in skill and comfort that I've had in nearly 10 years. Steve (the owner) first reviews the fundamentals of the firearm, platform (stance), grip, and operations and then rockets you through drill after drill to force you to assemble all the fundamentals into a more cohesive whole. And then he adds a timer to simulate increased pressure, which also highlights weaknesses in the fundamentals. And then he walks you back further and further away from the target, forcing you to slow down and get it right.

While Steve calls this a "Basic" course, it is anything but "Beginner." I've been shooting for years, and I'm an NRA pistol instructor, teaching two classes per month. I almost didn't take the class for fear it would be remedial. I was so wrong. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. In fact, Steve teaches a longer version of this course to law enforcement officers in preparation for entry into an extensive SWAT training program. The only audience I don't believe this course is appropriate for is someone just brand new to a pistol or rifle. They need a basic NRA course before attending this one, as this course is faster paced and requires familiarity with the platform.

Steve teaches from a foundation of efficiency and field-tested methods. He explains WHY you do something, and then tells you how to do it better. And he gives you a third way, and lets you choose what works best for you. I learned so many things that were, "Wow! That's way better than the way I do it!"

One of the things that I'm most impressed with is Steve himself. I've seen so many instructors in the firearms world who are complete and total a$$holes, intent upon forcing their superiority onto their subjects. Steve is 180 degrees opposite. He is committed to helping students learn; he'll stop and explain why he does something. If an instruction doesn't work, he'll find a way to adapt it to meet your needs. He'll acknowledge when he doesn't know something, and if someone has a better idea he'll study it and make it his.

I've cancelled all my training plans for the next year and will be taking all programs that Steve offers going forward. You should too.

View attachment 487744 View attachment 487745 View attachment 487746 View attachment 487747 View attachment 487748
Awsom I was just talking with him about taking a class or classes .I P.M. HIM and he replied and we had a very good conversation .
I am going to to take a class for sure trying to make time to do it .asap

It'll be a great opportunity and experience. Middle of August was a bit torturous, but it really was transformative. You'll enjoy the Curtis drill at the end! Lol.

My PROBLEM is I can't leave mine on the range mine have to able to go in the back of my truck .
So imI going to have to figure out a way to to downsize and be more transportable .lol

UNLESS I can get my neighbors and the ANACORTES POLICE DEPARTMENT.
TO LET ME SHOOT IN MY FRONT YARD.
lol mmmmmmm . probably not going to happen

My PROBLEM is I can't leave mine on the range mine have to able to go in the back of my truck .
So imI going to have to figure out a way to to downsize and be more transportable .lol
I built some very similar to yours'/Steve's a few yrs ago that folded flat for transportation. I used wing-nuts, bolts, and small copper pipe (as a bushing or bearing surface) for the pivot hardware and added a fold-out "third leg" or outrigger to add stability.
I never drew up plans, but a smart guy can figure it out.

First off - training course sounds like a lot of fun... Thanks for the review & info!

If room in your car is tight for wood or PVC frames, these t-post brackets work nice - cost is ~$5
You can attach 2x4, 1x1 etc and easily hang cardboard with paper targets on either side.
They work well with bolt hooks & steel targets as well - a 3-5# sledge is suggested for driving in t-post.

tpost.JPG tpost2.JPG

rutilate, thank you for the review.

I had a great 3 days with the NWFA members training weekend. Everyone operated with safety and respect for others.

rutilate being a NRA instructor, kept me on my toes with good questions relating to the differences of curriculum and other areas of instruction, which at times turned into tangent areas etc., and off we'd go. But in the end everyone got something out of it, and got a better insight into why I do, what I do.

The NWFA members training weekend group was an easy group to work with. Will have to try it again next year.

I've been getting quite a few people telling me after the class, that it's not a basic class. I look at it as basic, as I feel it's what everyone should know and be solid with before moving forward.

It's also been hinted to me that I should have people attend the "Foundation " class first, as they would be better prepared for "Run the Gun".

I do listen to my students and take to heart their reviews and comments...they have been duly noted.

Last Edited:
Look back up at picture #2 above. Basic square steel frame with a 2x4 bracket at about a 30 degree lean (for pistol use). 4 parts to it. the plate, the bracket it hangs on, a 2x4 and the base. I have drilled and screwed my bracket onto the 2x4 which leaves you with only 3 pieces that come apart to throw into your p/u. Good set up.

Look back up at picture #2 above. Basic square steel frame with a 2x4 bracket at about a 30 degree lean (for pistol use). 4 parts to it. the plate, the bracket it hangs on, a 2x4 and the base. I have drilled and screwed my bracket onto the 2x4 which leaves you with only 3 pieces that come apart to throw into your p/u. Good set up.

When I get home off the road, I'll take some close up pics of the steel I use.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top