JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, for many years I had a C&R license and collected a small number of items over that time. When it came up for renewal a few years back, I opted to not renew said because:

• My interests had shifted to other items.
  • The milsurp market had, more or less, dried up. At least compared to yesteryear.
  • While not onerous time-wise (just some record keeping and I had only one compliance inspection over the years), I was slammed for time in that era.
  • Due to the time slammage, I wasn't traveling out of state hardly at all.
  • The discounts offered by vendors weren't any real benefit to what I was buying.
  • And the biggest reason: I found getting sellers on the auction sites troublesome when it came to shipping to a C&R. Quite a few would list an obviously C&R-eligible item, even list it in the C&R category, but then wouldn't ship to said. After seeing it so many times, I always asked before placing a bid and found a huge number were totally clueless when it came to C&R licenses.
Anyway, I got to thinking about applying for a license again, largely "just because". Questions:

• Does Oregon SB 941 prevent buying firearms from out of state and having them directly transferred to an 03FFL? If the answer is "Yes, they all have to go through a dealer," then it is a moot point and I'm not going to bother with it.
  • If I became licensed again, do I reactive my old bound book, start a new one, or does it matter? I, naturally, kept all my records including said log.
  • Can anyone think of any advantages that I might have missed?
Thanks all. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top