Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Renewing CHL from abroad

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PainCakesx, Jan 29, 2016.

1. PainCakesx

PainCakesx Oregon New Member

I'm currently living in Taiwan and am planning on returning home to Oregon for a visit in a copule of months. I had a CHL which expired over the summer and am looking to renew it before I arrive.

Is there a procedure for doing this online or away from the state?

Thanks for any help.

2. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had to get my photo retaken when I renewed, so my guess would be no. Depending what county you are renewing in you might be able to make an appointment for when you return. Washington County got me in the day I called to setup my appointment, and I left with my new card.

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

4. PainCakesx

PainCakesx Oregon New Member

I still have an address in Oregon as I'm only living abroad for a year. My address is in Clackamas County.

I left my CHL in Oregon. Is there a way to get my CHL number over the phone?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. 3MTA3

Id call them at (503) 655-8211. Looks like they need to fingerprint you for the renewal, so you will need to schedule that appointment when you are back in Oregon.

6. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I renwed mine online, but that was just before the expiration date. Call them and ask, it it's been expired for a while you may need to go through the whole process again.

7. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

Man, from the title of this thread I thought the feminists were gonna be mad!!;);)

Stomper likes this.
  8. 3MTA3

Feminists are always mad regardless of what you do. Since I'm in trouble no matter what, I just say what I think.

Stomper likes this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The "feminist movement" as we know it today is merely used to get ugly women promoted. :D