JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The company says operations from Advanced Armament Co.; DPMS; Montana Rifleman; LAR Manufacturing; Para-Ordnance and Tapco would be pulling up stakes and moving to Huntsville. The company also said Bushmaster and Remington 1911 production lines would be moved to the new Alabama plant. -

I guess they are moving now. It concerns me as I have a gun in for repair at Para.

Oh a link to the article

Last Edited:
Great news for Huntsville and all the jobs it's going to wind up creating down there - and I'm not just talking about the positions working for the gun makers - as there will no doubt be more local jobs created to service the growth in the community. I'm always glad to see a gun maker uproot from anti-gun states to more freedom loving states. I still can't for the life of me understand why they haven't done so sooner. S&W is still located in Mass, Springfield in Illinois, Kimber in NY... I understand there's a bit of long time sentiment because that's where these places started (mostly, it'd be nice if Kimber came back to Oregon) - but seriously - building products that can't be sold or used in their intended form in the state they're built in is a joke.

Seems to me that the southern US is going to become the hotbed of growth and manufacturing of firearms now instead of the northeast. Between Texas, Georgia, and now Alabama they've got a pretty damn good chunk of the market.

I think it'd be a hoot if Smith & Wesson relocated from Massachusetts to Smyrna and set up shop across the street from Glock USA.

The company says operations from Advanced Armament Co.; DPMS; Montana Rifleman; LAR Manufacturing; Para-Ordnance and Tapco would be pulling up stakes and moving to Huntsville. The company also said Bushmaster and Remington 1911 production lines would be moved to the new Alabama plant. -

I guess they are moving now. It concerns me as I have a gun in for repair at Para.

Oh a link to the article

Wouldn't worry too much about the gun you have in for repair. Seems to me that I watched a news piece from Alabama that said they bought a large existing factory building. It will take a number of years for them to get the factory rehabbed and outfitted and then moved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top