JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This.

81348X_REM_870_DM_SYN_TACT_12ga_CYL_BS_TAC14_right.jpg

New Remington 870 w detachable magazine

It has been done. I was going to with mine, just didn't want to be the first person to do so.

There still aren't enough out there doing it for me to want to yet.

581E8C49-F74E-4B41-9630-5C896646AC85.jpeg

I have been wanting one. Give us your opinion of each. How do they compare shooting them???o_O
Remington steel receiver vs. the Mosberg AL?:oops::oops:

I just posted after firing 100 rnds through my new Mossberg Shockwave - wont repeat here
it takes a unique firing stance, but very controllable and accurate - for a 14" bbl shotgun
I prefer the 6 rnds and front strap on the Mossberg myself

RJMT

I'd like to inquire, for all of those that said adding a brace would "be illegal", is that a reason based on state/municipality laws? Its 100% legal in many states so I'm curious as to the reason why some would say you cannot legally just modify at will as long as the overall length stays 26" or longer with a BATFE approved brace?

I'd like to inquire, for all of those that said adding a brace would "be illegal", is that a reason based on state/municipality laws? Its 100% legal in many states so I'm curious as to the reason why some would say you cannot legally just modify at will as long as the overall length stays 26" or longer with a BATFE approved brace?
Because the brace and the extension it's attached to isn't permanently attached and isn't an integral part of the firearm like they are on an AR, it might not count for the overall length and because the grip is shorter then the shockwave it replaces it could cause it to be under 26". At least that's why I think in this case a brace falls into a gray area.

A lot of people are making assumptions on these because both the Shockwave type shotgun and the pistol brace have done stuff the BATF certainly did not like. The Brace started off immediately with the BATF causing trouble and took a while to shake out. The Shockwave type shotgun started out as a kit that when I first saw it thought no way in hell will this fly. It did and as soon as it did people started trying to find more ways to exploit what was easy to see was a miss by the BATF. They certainly had no intention of writing the law to allow this. In the past they also have been known to "make up stuff" on the fly so to speak. This has been fun to watch.

But is this a state/local thing? Or is it merely an opinion?
I.e in NC, MI it's legal and there's no need for permanent affixing. But while up north, if I cross from Temperance MI into Toledo OH it's magically illegal due to OH state laws,but Toledo sucks anyways.

So is this an OR/WA etc thing or just assumptions? Working in NC, we have a great relationship with our local BATFE office so prior to configuring...my TAC-14, Mesa Tactical high adapter and SBT PDW, I ensured it's configuration would be 100% legal.

Im really just curious because we get a lot of questions like this and I will only speak on what I know from a NC point of view (which NC is awesome when it comes to firearms). But I also tell them in the same breath that I don't give legal advice. I can educate on "basic firearm/NFA info". It pays divends to call the local office, and while we are an 02/07, you dont have to be an FFL to call your local office. Just be clear and concise and document whom you spoke with if there are ever any questions. So reading this thread, it appears that it's either state(s) restrictions or people that won't do it b/c they are not correctly informed.

***But permanently affixing components to a PGO doesnt change anything anyways, so that's a bit of a moot point.

Last Edited:
But is this a state/local thing? Or is it merely an opinion?
I.e in NC, MI it's legal and there's no need for permanent affixing. But while up north, if I cross from Temperance MI into Toledo OH it's magically illegal due to OH state laws,but Toledo sucks anyways.

So is this an OR/WA etc thing or just assumptions? Working in NC, we have a great relationship with our local BATFE office so prior to configuring...my TAC-14, Mesa Tactical high adapter and SBT PDW, I ensured it's configuration would be 100% legal.

Im really just curious because we get a lot of questions like this and I will only speak on what I know from a NC point of view (which NC is awesome when it comes to firearms). But I also tell them in the same breath that I don't give legal advice. I can educate on "basic" firearm/NFA info". It pays d to call the local office, and while we are an 02/07, you dont have to be an FFL to call your local office. Just be clear and concise and document whom you spoke with if there are ever any questions. So reading this thread, it appears that it's either state(s) restrictions or people that won't do it b/c they are not correctly informed.

So far? I would say opinion. The site selling the brace is claiming its totally OK, for now. Problem with the BATF is that can change at the drop of a hat, but for now must be good. When I first saw the kit to do this with a Cruiser the company making them had a page outlining why this was legal. They said they strongly recommended you print it out and keep it with you if you bought one of their kits and then made one of these. I could see why. After it looked like the BATF was going to let it slide for now Mossberg started in making them factory. Then when that was allowed Remington jumped in. There is at least one other place making something along this line too. Many well remember the "Street Sweeper" and Styker 12. Guns that the BATF bought off on, then after they had been selling suddenly with the stroke of a pen made them AOW's. Then told everyone who had one they had to register them. It's this kind of thing that makes many leery of these and also leads to assumptions. It has been fun to watch this shake out and it's not over yet. I have no doubt some states and maybe the Feds will end up weighing in on these soon. Especially if one of these ends up being used in some kind of high profile crime. News will make a huge deal out of it and get the attention of law makers. Then it's anyone's guess what some of those morons will come up with.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top