JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As much as I dislike Florida (the wife grew up in Hialeah and Miami), and as much time as I've spent there, I have to say I am still considering the state as a possible retirement destination. I have family in Davie and like Southern college football.

The damn hurricane thing is a tad worrisome (one of the wife's BFFs has had to rebuild her beach house three times), but I can deal with humidity and mosquitoes, so long as my RKBA is being respected.
Wow, you kicking up my memories. I know Hialeah and Miami too well. Live in the Lauderdale-by-the-sea area but you know,..... friends.

Davie is where all the goid guns shoos are! :) :s0114:

Can't ban rage and stupidity.

I hope their children are taken away as a result of this.. any parent putting their kids lives at risk like that over some ridiculous road incident do not deserve custody. These men both need to be forcibly sterilized. Clearly their genes do not need to be replicated any further

I play a game when I read some eff'd up news story, I try to guess if the article was from Florida, Philadelphia or Russia. Nine times out of ten it's one of the three.
_nc_ohc=yKV3e7Gc6Z0AX-4tGyU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

The warm weather draws the weirdos I spent a year in Hawaii and saw more Man-made carnage that I've seen on the mainland here in 45 years

The wife is a Florida native, and things being what they are, we've discussed moving there from time to time.. after 50 years in the Colorado mtns I dunno if I would do well at my age in all that heat and humidity and snakes and gators and bugs n stuff...
But... in Colorado they don't drink Coors Light in Florida they go nutz over the stuff lol

I must go to a different part of Florida. I visit there regularly, and other than Miami, it's on my final 3 choices to move to.

There are nice places in Florida just like there are nice places in Oregon . If you came to Oregon and just spent time in Portland you might not ever visit again. There a pits in every state for sure and do not represent the whole state by any means. I am from Florida and love the Gulf Coast sure there are critters that will mess up your day but keeps you on your toes !

There are nice places in Florida just like there are nice places in Oregon . If you came to Oregon and just spent time in Portland you might not ever visit again. There a pits in every state for sure and do not represent the whole state by any means. I am from Florida and love the Gulf Coast sure there are critters that will mess up your day but keeps you on your toes !
I've been on my toes for almost 70 years and I am tired of it.

I don't know why. And I don't want to move there to find out why.

Besides, they have huge alligators and larger snakes that eat the alligators and swamps and stuff. :s0001:
And don't forget the hurricanes. And huge iguanas falling out of the trees if it gets too cold. And its not just the big snakes, the pythons, which are happy to give you a big hug. Its all the little snakes, many poisonous. And sharks, sting rays, and man o war jellyfish. And giant water bugs and astonishingly large roaches. And lots of crazy tired drunk tourists and students on break who come to Florida to let go and go wild for a while. And worst of all, the humidity.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top