JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crikey!

Aussie land just might have a leg up on Florida all the way round!
Manly Beach, NSW, in January. 🍺🦘

Sydney2 020-b.jpg
-

The hurricanes seem to be getting worse. And the damage worse.
That's a (useful) myth. Hurricanes striking the US are statistically neither more numerous nor more powerful. Monetary damages are higher due to inflation and also increasing population density in coastal areas
-

Last Edited:
There are some beautiful and wonderful places to live in Florida.

I prefer the "Old Florida" that our uncles moved to decades ago. I'm an east coast kid. Our uncles retiring to Florida was a thing back in those days. The aunts and uncles would vacation in Florida and bring back orange mess bags or boxes of fresh oranges or grapefruit. For you west coast guys it was like your uncles moving to California before California became an expensive third world crap hole.

Some areas have zoning restrictions that restrict high rise development along the coast or redevelopment of existing residential properties into outsized mini mansions that are out of scale for the neighborhood.

You wouldn't find me in the interior of the state or in one of the 10's of thousands of "New Florida" subdivisions built for the newly arrived. Nope.

If not for my kids here in Oregon I would be gone. Florida is wonderful save for 4 summer months.

I will admit finding open country to shoot is more difficult and I would surely miss that. But overall i would rather be a short term tourist in Oregon and spend most of the year in Florida.

I will miss the house we just sold in Florida....to add insult to injury the post office asshats lost the certified mail containing my proceeds check. That is another story for another day.

Last Edited:

I prefer the "Old Florida" that our uncles moved to decades ago. I'm an east coast kid. Our uncles retiring to Florida was a thing back in those days. The aunts and uncles would vacation in Florida and bring back orange mess bags or boxes of fresh oranges or grapefruit. For you west coast guys it was like your uncles moving to California before California became an expensive third world crap hole.

Some areas have zoning restrictions that restrict high rise development along the coast or redevelopment of existing residential properties into outsized mini mansions that are out of scale for the neighborhood.

You wouldn't find me in the interior of the state or in one of the 10's of thousands of "New Florida" subdivisions built for the newly arrived. Nope.

If not for my kids here in Oregon I would be gone. Florida is wonderful save for 4 summer months.

I will admit finding open country to shoot is more difficult and I would surely miss that. But overall i would rather be a short term tourist in Oregon and spend most of the year in Florida.

I will miss the house we just sold in Florida....to add insult to injury the post office asshats lost the certified mail containing my proceeds check. That is another story for another day.
UPS or FEDEX for documents, if they're important…

I was wondering where they got the funds for the improvements at the Hillsboro Post Office on 1st…

:s0140:

We have all that here

At least in Florida, one can shoot the snakes and gators

View attachment 1415947 View attachment 1415948 View attachment 1415949
No, you can't legally shoot the gators. They are protected. There is a legal hunting season in which you can harvest them using fishing poles, bows, crossbows, harpoons, catch loops, baited wood sticks, and other methods, but not guns. If a big gator turns up in your swimming pool or the ditch in your back yard you are supposed to call an animal removal service, and they catch the gator and relocate it. As far as I know such nuisance gators are only killed if they have attacked a human. I suspect the ban on using guns to shoot gators is because of the danger of ricoshets rather than any attempt to make the hunting more difficult.

No, you can't legally shoot the gators. They are protected. ... If a big gator turns up in your swimming pool or the ditch in your back yard you are supposed to call an animal removal service, and they catch the gator and relocate it.
Same for rattlesnakes in Phoenix. Considered the most dangerous rattlesnake in N. America is the Western Diamondback, endemic in the Phoenix area. It combines very toxic venom with a "stand-my-ground" attitude when approached. Yet if one turns up in your back yard, you cannot legally kill or "molest" (e.g. capture) it, you're expected to call Animal Control. When seconds count, help is only forty minutes away.
-

I think the proportions of crazy are higher than average. That said, they are the third largest state by population, so the occurrences will be higher based on averages alone.
I think its fair to point out that Florida has been getting the moonbats from NJ and NY long before it was fashionable when the rona hit . There's something in the water on the east coast that makes people from Jersey and NYC just that much more different than anyone else.

I live in the Gulf Coast of Alabama currently for my wife's school and I like it other than the people are dumber than a box of buttholes, and a certain demographic act like complete savages, but the weather is fantastic and its actually quiet sparsely populated. We are halfway done with the first year of her two-year commitment and I am looking at Florida actually because the quality of live is better when you leave the Willamette Valley. Florida is the only state in the south where you have the freedom and conservative government of the south but have the modern commodities of the West Coast. The rest of the south has stagnant wages (think half of what you make in Oregon) and poor education as well. The rest of the states would be so lucky to have a governor like DeSantis. You have never had so much freedom in your life. Majority of Florida is not like the news and is fairly rural. It's not all Orlando and Miami. There are farms and ranches and huge portions of the state with no developments as well. I have previously lived in Colorado and really liked it there, but it has become a communist utopia just like Oregon. One thing for sure is I will never move back to Oregon again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top