JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love that! that's just a hair larger than my bench/table. And seeing the repurposed dresser/buffet.

I good lead for those looking for a bench for cheap. Go to the old furniture places and look at old desks, dressers, tables that tend to be real solid and heavy. you could always add a plywood top if needed. Get measurements of where you want to put it, take your tape measure and go shopping.

I got my old, two person, school desk for $14.00 at City Liquidators back when I started in 2011.
I got my lower cabinets from craigslist for free. They were homemade and I had to beef up the thin plywood on the back and some sides, because it was really flimsy, the face frames and drawers are made out of pine.
I had found a bunch of cabinets when I started building my room. I even customized two Lazy Susan's, but it just would just not work in the room so I sold it.

IMG_0740.jpeg IMG_8568.jpeg

Colonel Whelen's reloading bench:
I love that picture. Including the old timey incandescent lamps with metal shades. Very camp.

I'd be too embarrassed to illustrate my reloading set-up in this thread. It shares space with other activities. While it is fairly organized, it's not centralized. Aspects are batched but not in contiguous places. Some of my reloading appliances are not permanently mounted; they need clamping to shared benches. It's worked for me for over 40 years.

I love that picture. Including the old timey incandescent lamps with metal shades. Very camp.

I'd be too embarrassed to illustrate my reloading set-up in this thread. It shares space with other activities. While it is fairly organized, it's not centralized. Aspects are batched but not in contiguous places. Some of my reloading appliances are not permanently mounted; they need clamping to shared benches. It's worked for me for over 40 years.
If you have been making it work for 40 years I would say it works.

You need to build a dedicated gun/Reloading room, that way you can set it up the way you want.
That way, mama won't divorce you when you roll her nice car out into the cold, wet winter weather.
First problem sir.
No room to build a room. Maybe an 8x10 shed in the back yard but no extra room for a room. My wife doesn't drive so cars in or out is no problem.
I just need to stop acquiring. But, this is America, right? I don't have to need.
Spent too many years scrimping by. It's time to enjoy the few that are left.

You should buy my place after I leave, you will have room for 30+ presses and all the room to store all the components you could ever amass.
I'll make you a very good deal… ;)
Ya know Jim. That could almost be taken as a challenge. At the rate I have been acquiring stuff I'm not so sure anything could hold me
I had to rent a storage unit for the garage junk to make room for my good stuff.

I finally got tired of waiting to get the AP press lit up enough to be comfortable while seeing everything working on the shell plate.
These are the two lights that I had on my Pro 1000 and the turret press that I kept.
It sure makes one heck of a difference to have lights on both sides instead of just a cheap flashlight shining down through the hole in the top of the press.

3ADEA871-51E5-46E1-A3FC-872871E2ED25.jpeg 6B3E2855-137A-4FBC-A89E-D4D167FCA3B2.jpeg FDED1B41-3A67-4166-8BD9-C11324F9EE3A.jpeg

Last Edited:
I finally got tired of waiting to get the AP press lit up enough to be comfortable while seeing everything working on the shell plate.
These are the two lights that I had on my Pro 1000 and the turret press that I kept.
It sure makes one heck of a difference to have lights on both sides instead of just a cheap flashlight shining down through the hole in the top of the press.

View attachment 1865609 View attachment 1865615 View attachment 1865619
Nice Clean Set up :)

View attachment 1865609 View attachment 1865615 View attachment 1865619
In-line fab has a setup similar for the Hornady AP. I only use the center light tho, which is fine for me ATM.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top