JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
stepping back about 15 years ago or so, I was hot on the 40 S&W and reloaded tons of them for my 610 revolver.....AFTER discovering the marvelous Lee 'Factory Crimp Die' as it was called IIRC......

needed it in both 40 & 9 mm range recovered brass as 'many' of the Glock-fired brass seemed to have an issue at that time....due so 'they' said, to unsupported portion of the chamber near the head of the case as illustrated above.

Most of the ones I came across were of considerably less obvious bulges, some just barely noticeable yet enough to prevent chambering in either auto or revolver. This was odd, as they all were suitable processed in FL sizing die, you'd think all was well.

Not so. I discovered the Lee die which smoothed that dimple out. Despite one faction on line making dire warnings, the other faction said they used it with good results.

My own results was very positive using the die in additional space on my 650 press, no issue. Tens of thousands of reloaded 40s went downrange with perfect function.

I even added a 9 FCD as well, with good results.

One fine day, I DID get a KABLAMBO surprise. Superficial damage to my G34 magazine, some soot here & there & a new pair of Duluths on order.

Inspection by rangemaster & a couple advanced reloaders hyptothesis was the 9mm case was simply somehow damaged or corroded or (?) yet suffered a blow out. At the time, I was able to find one other similar report on line & the photo resembled my own.

In any case, I came to realize I really didn't care for the 40 any way as I never really shot it very accurately, and have eliminated that part of my collection.

I can't give any solution to OP question other than to report my own experience.

When I buy .40 and 10mm brass I run it through a Redding grx die before loading. The only glock I have with the early chamber design sports a lone wolf barrel so no need after that. More of a just in case if my brass is from an unknown source.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top