JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. I have not had issues using Glock fired brass for 9, 40, .357Sig, or 45. Maybe you can provide some details to your experience?

If the brass looks like this, it's probably best to not load it.

th?id=OIP.3lPpwzh8r4YSixtcNP_b_gEsDh&pid=15.jpg

If it looks normal, it is normal and ok to reload. lol

Ya I wouldn't load that. But AFAIK, the Glocks leave more of a "smile" than a straight line across above the case head than what you have shown. For me, any bulged cases get tossed into the scrap bin during the inspection process prior to being tumbled.

You can add my name to those who've reloaded .40 brass fired from glock barrels. I've found exactly one (1) case that exhibited the "guppy belly" like certaindeaf posted. I inspect each case before reloading it and cull the ones that bother me. Like those with a light ring just above the head, or a bulge that looks just a little too bulgy. I also load short of max load, at least by .2g, and preferrably mid*range. This die will resize the "glocked" brass down to spec: https://www.amazon.com/Undersize-Re...e=UTF8&qid=1508789617&sr=8-2&keywords=egw+die

And this one will, too: https://www.amazon.com/Redding-G-RX...790059&sr=1-4-fkmr1&keywords=Redding+GR-x+die

If you go to the Second Amendment Foundation site and then to Amazon, SAF will get a donation.
Second Amendment Foundation

Last Edited:
These are the culprits from a different angle
View attachment 399934

And this pic shows why. Compare the 1998 G23 to the left with the 2009 G23 in the center and the LWD on the right.
View attachment 399935

All photos taken from the internet here glock smile pics - Yahoo Search Results
Yep. That's what I remembered about them. Supposedly a design change that took care of the problem.

Kinda scary when you think about it. That much pressure exerted on an unsupported case causing it to reform that much....

I like to send my 40 brass through a full-length resizing die on a single-stage press. I think it is GR(x). Is that the brand? Well, you can put a bottle on top and run them through pretty quick. Probably not necessary, but a full-length resizing is a big help. It isn't quite at reloading size yet, though, so you'll still need to run it through the normal sizing die on your progressive. Otherwise the bullets just sort of drop in.

Oops, I should have read better. @maddog already made that suggestion!

I like to send my 40 brass through a full-length resizing die on a single-stage press. I think it is GR(x). Is that the brand? Well, you can put a bottle on top and run them through pretty quick. Probably not necessary, but a full-length resizing is a big help. It isn't quite at reloading size yet, though, so you'll still need to run it through the normal sizing die on your progressive. Otherwise the bullets just sort of drop in.

Oops, I should have read better. @maddog already made that suggestion!
While in theory that is a sound idea.. imagine if you shot them through a glock and hit the smile in the same spot.. it would blow out the magazine and do some damage to your hand all at the same time for free.

These are the culprits from a different angle
upload_2017-10-23_16-4-46-jpeg.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd never seen that. Spooky, getting into the webbing of the case head. When I started loading Dec '11 I bought a 1000 once fired from a member in good standing who'd got the brass from a police range. I thought I could see a very slight bulge. NOTHING like that though.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews