JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent Costco a similar letter for the same thing when I cancelled my membership years ago. I can't remember the last time I have been in a Costco.

I think the best thing is just to go about your business concealing your weapon and not saying or writing anything or our little politicos will get some stupid idea to make it a law that weapons are banned in theaters. Right now out where I live they are try to ban firearms from public parks, about the same mentality will exsist if we bring his to the general public. Let sleeping dogs lie and keep yourself safe. Bill

Regal doesn't state on their <broken link removed> that firearms are banned, so I have to assume this is a manager putting a sign up in a local business. I personally ignore those signs when carrying concealed. I wasn't aware of Costco's policy either, which is funny because I was in there tonight while carrying. They don't post a sign or say so on their website. Must not truly be a priority for them.

From another forum: "The "home made" signs are not enforcable UNLESS you are given verbal notification (in addition to the above, obviously). If you are given verbal notification, that that is just as good as law. But, if they have a non-legal sign, just a simple handgun with a hash-mark through it, and you DECIDE to respect their wishes, they are liable for your safety at that point.... From your vehicle, to the store, and back again!"

From the CCF ( <broken link removed> ) .... hope they are of some use to you. They will print out Business Card size - front and back:

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
A handgun with a slash through it sign would only tell me they oppose handguns or don't like them. That sign alone doesn't specifically say they are prohibited. Plus it should be in spanish, russian, laotian, thai, french (if you are in Canada), chinese, urdu, and klingonese so that no ethnic group will mistakenly carry a gun or disruptor inside their theater. Also, if its a handgun with a slash through it, does that mean I can carry a shotgun, rifle or SBR inside?

Ignore it or not, you would think with them losing business to dvd's (legal or copied) and internet downloads, they would not want to exclude or tick off any portion of the population.

I sent them the following email:

It recently came to my attention that Regal Cinemas no longer suports the Constitution of the United States. Rumor has it that you have banned the legal concealed carry of handguns in your theaters. If this is a fact I am disheartened. Disarming the law abiding makes nobody safer. Criminals will ignore your signs stating that handguns are banned obviously. The only people that will turn around and secure their firearm in their car will be the good guys that carry for everybodies protection. Personally I will not secure my weapon and set foot in the theater. Instead I won't use your theater anymore since the only people that will be armed in your theater are those that are intent on doing us all deadly harm. No thanks! I'll stay at home and wait for netflix to deliver the movie to my door. I will encourage my family and friends to do the same as well.

The 2nd Amendment is about the right to self defense especially when confronted by a criminal with a deadly weapon. Remember this true-ism "When seconds count the police are just minutes away". The police are almost never there before some one is shot and killed. They nearly always arrive after shots are fired. If you don't believe me ask any of our fine local police officers. The will tell you it is indeed a fact.

Y'know I've always come from the school of thought of "don't ask don't tell". I feel it is my duty to protect myself and significant others wherever I may roam. I won't break the law by carrying in a federal building or post office but as far as a private business I'll do as I please. What is under my jacket is none of their concern. I've always figured that whether or not a sign is posted if they knew you were carrying they'd probably ask you to leave. Just my train of thought to everyone's knee-jerk reaction these days.

But doesn't it strike any of you as hypocritical that a place where you can see plenty of gory, glorified violence and guns blazing has a no firearms sign? I don't really expect them to have a 'all firearms are welcome here' sign, but to me it is a bit comical.

It reminds me of a talk/debate I had with a friend a year ago. In the middle of enjoying a nice churchill and much to my surprise I found out he was adamantly again firearms. He thought no one should own them, that they serve no good purpose...etc...etc. It surprised me because he knew I've always been into shooting and he never seemed bothered by or, more indifferent than anything. The debate of course didn't go anywhere, his mind was made up, even though he didn't have an answer for how he would ever defend his wife and newborn baby if a crazy man broke into his apartment...

Month later it struck me as funny to think about the games he (and so many of us) likes to play. Borderlands, Call of duty, Halo...etc...etc. Games that quite literally focus around the gun and you shooting the gun to kill other people. I wish I would've said something in our debate, but I didn't think of it in time. Doesn't that strike anyone else as funny? Am I the only one? (maybe this seems extreme) Can you imagine someone who is anti abortion playing a game where they abort babies?! Or someone who is against cars playing a racing game?

Anyways it is funny to think about these things.....sorry for the rant. :)

I carry concealed in the theater every time I take my kids. I haven't noticed a sign either. What they don't know won't hut them that is the beauty of a chl. I'm the only one who needs to know

If you really want to stick it to Regal, sneak more than just your weapon in there.

On the rare occasions that I do patronize a Regal cinema, I make a game out of seeing how many snacks and sodas I can sneak in under my coat. Its one thing to pay $9 to see a first-run movie.....but I refuse to pay $15 for a coke and a tub of popcorn.

The better choice is to find one of the older, independently owned theaters to patronize. There is one in my town that is reasonably priced and it doesnt have a "no guns" sign on the door.

There is a winco near movies by where i live lol so i sneak in my pistol......... but i have all kinds of candy, chips, drinks........ lol for 12 bucks a hit i have to make it worth it lol

If you really want to stick it to Regal, sneak more than just your weapon in there.

On the rare occasions that I do patronize a Regal cinema, I make a game out of seeing how many snacks and sodas I can sneak in under my coat. Its one thing to pay $9 to see a first-run movie.....but I refuse to pay $15 for a coke and a tub of popcorn.

The better choice is to find one of the older, independently owned theaters to patronize. There is one in my town that is reasonably priced and it doesnt have a "no guns" sign on the door.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing regarding the food. They have signs up all over that say ''No outside food or beverages'' but I always get them in ''concealed'' carring my gun is no different IMHO.

If they can't notice my GF popping open an energy drink before the lights have even dimmed, I highly doubt they are going to notice the P7 tucked in a holster under my shirt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top