JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing regarding the food. They have signs up all over that say ''No outside food or beverages'' but I always get them in ''concealed'' carring my gun is no different IMHO.
If everyone did that, they'd be out of business in a week. Unless things have changed a bunch since I worked theaters, 30 years ago, the film company keeps a huge share of the box, and the theater keeps the snack stand take.

The film I remember specifically was the Star Wars initial release at the Westgate (Bvtn)--the film company kept 90% of the box for the first several months. The theater also had to guarantee a $ minimum, but I expect they blew through that early on.

[Theater projectionist at a nostalgia house (I worked at the Aloha in those days) has to be the single best job I ever had.]

MrB

If everyone did that, they'd be out of business in a week. Unless things have changed a bunch since I worked theaters, 30 years ago, the film company keeps a huge share of the box, and the theater keeps the snack stand take.

The film I remember specifically was the Star Wars initial release at the Westgate (Bvtn)--the film company kept 90% of the box for the first several months. The theater also had to guarantee a $ minimum, but I expect they blew through that early on.

[Theater projectionist at a nostalgia house (I worked at the Aloha in those days) has to be the single best job I ever had.]

MrB

I have a sister that worked at a theater here in Longview for a couple summers while she was in college, and she said that 100% of ticket sales went to the movie company, and the theater made their money off the snacks. Not too sure how right she was, but it explains the high cost.

I went to see Avatar on Sunday. I was fully prepared to walk away, if they had a "no handguns" sign. There was not one anywhere. I looked at all the doors, at the ticket booth, all around the windows. I couldn't find a sign or a sticker like that. So I went on in, Kimber iwb, and all. I was at the hwy 99, Vancouver/Hazel Dell, Regal cinemas.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this post. And if questioned in movie theater. Pretend I can't read period.

That's pretty ridiculous and makes me angry, but I have a feeling your going to start seeing a lot of this.
I personally think you should just play dumb, all they can do is kick you out, and issue a trespass against you. Then you have a reason not to visit there anymore.

Also Mcgrath's on Mill Plain in Vancouver has a sign up saying no firearms. But it's not on the main doors, hard to see.

Is it an added criminal charge if you commit a crime in a place such as regal cinemas with a firearm?
Say your average teen punk shoots someone, is it an additional charge?

Sorry to run I have to go send an email.

I've got an idea... we should have simple liability contracts drawn up and make them printable on the site they would need to be professional and well writen and in short they would allow the manager of a business to assign the liability for your saftey while on their property to the business itself in trade for your patronage. while this would never stand up in court it would sure give their laywers somthing to think about... plus I like to watch managers sqwirm trying to defend the company.

I've got an idea... we should have simple liability contracts drawn up and make them printable on the site they would need to be professional and well writen and in short they would allow the manager of a business to assign the liability for your saftey while on their property to the business itself in trade for your patronage. while this would never stand up in court it would sure give their laywers somthing to think about... plus I like to watch managers sqwirm trying to defend the company.

I love that.

My email:

Good Evening, I was recently told on a talk forum that some/all of your locations pohibit firearms even if legally carried. I have to tell you this deeply angers me. I feel the 2nd amendment is there to ensure I'm able to protect myself, my family, and people of my community. Your company taking away my right to do so in your establishment will only make my decision to go elsewhere that much easier. I've been in regal cinemas in gresham, portland, and vancouver and have been in situations that made me fear for my families safety. The employees were always sympathetic, but there was nothing they could do if the situation turned violent. If you can please email me back and let me know what your policy is regarding the LEGAL carrying of registered firearms in Regal Cinemas locations so I can better plan my next weekend movie. Also I will be sure to pass the information on to my friends, family, and the people I communicate with in a online talk forum.

Respectfully,

The film I remember specifically was the Star Wars initial release at the Westgate (Bvtn)--the film company kept 90% of the box for the first several months.

I have a sister that worked at a theater here in Longview for a couple summers while she was in college, and she said that 100% of ticket sales went to the movie company, and the theater made their money off the snacks. Not too sure how right she was, but it explains the high cost.
Wikipedia says under 'Boxoffice': " On average, the movie's distributor receives more than half of the revenue, with the remainder kept by the movie theater."

It's probably changed over time, but what I remember was that it varied from theater to theater, chain to chain, movie to movie and usually ran on a sliding scale with a larger share staying with the theater as the weeks/months went by. When we were playing 'sub-run' I think the percentage going to the film company was under 50%. (Sub-run, after it comes off the big theaters, and starts at the smaller places after 6-9 months.) When we ran the nostalgia (Bogart festivals!) I think it was flat weekly rental priced.

Since the distributor cut would be determined by ticket sales for first-run and sub-run, we'd have, from time to time auditors that would park out in front of the theater with thumb-wheel counters trying to verify our reported counts matched the number of people going in the front door. They were always easy to spot at the place I worked. Once in a while, I'd walk some popcorn and a cup of coffee out to 'em. Sometimes they smiled, sometimes not.

MrB

Response from Regal.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.

Sincerely,
Customer Relations Department
Operational Services
Regal Entertainment Group

Response from Regal.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Sincerely,
Operational Services

What a bunch of BS huh? :s0114: well until they have metal detectors and maybe armed guards (hahahaha at the movies), I will conceal carry lol I would reply to that letter by saying........ HMMMM OK WELL I STILL CHOOSE TO CONCEAL CARRY IN YOUR THEATERS lol....... (i don't even go to the movies anymore anyways hahahahahah, but if i do then i will conceal carry). I can't remember the last time i went to a NBA game, but apparently you can't go to the rose garden unless you go through metal detectors.... I don't know if people with licenses are exempt or not but they sure don't have any clue at the rose garden...... I went there many years ago and I decided to check my gun in with security and lock it up..... they gave me so much lip......... OH IF YOUR NOT A POLICE OFFICER BLAH BLAH BLAH..... i really wanted to pistol whip the guy........ so bad......... but I realized that he was pissed deep down inside that i had a gun and he didn't :s0114: so i will not go into rose garden or any other places where they take away my right to carry for self defense.

Honestly I have never seen a sign saying they do not allow Conceal carry in there.. So Who cares? I'll carry anywhere i want unless its POSTED or illegal (such as a courthouse)

I researched the Costco ban on CCW and found it looks to be a store by store issue not the whole company. Sure Costco backs any store who prohibits CC but it is not within their membership agreement nor is it posted at all stores. I have a feeling this is the same for the Regal theaters too, some have it some do not.
I will carry in any theater with my kids unless I'm questioned and I will never worry about carrying in Costco.
It's sad but these companies do this crap based on insurance requirements not any political agenda.....but some are liberal and just hate guns, education is the key.

You must remember Regal Theaters presents fantasy, fiction. Do you expect them to be appreciative of the real world. I imagine if a problem arises they may have a sign saying "criminals or criminal acts not allowed". See, now that would take care of everthing and people could go back to watching the movies, knowning that Regal had taken care of everything. My question is"If a criminal act of violence" takes place in a Regal theater that could have been prevented by an individual carrying a firearm, are the victims going to be able to sue Regal for an nfringement on thier right to carry arms"? No doubt some legal beagal has an answer to this that clouds the issue. Spad

Response from Regal.

Sincerely,
Operational Services

BULL COW-PUCKIE!!! At BEST they consulted some 14-yr. old kid who plays Call of Duy on the PS3 non-stop... :D

I keep picturing John Candy as the security guard @ Wally World in the movie, Family Vacation.... :s0112:

Rest assured, if some thug starts shootin' up the place, I'll ventilate him if I can get a clear shot!! :s0155:

Yeah I thought you all would like that.
And I'm sure when crap hits the fan the kid making min wage is going to do something heroic? I will continue to do what I need to do.
Look at the plane bombings or at least attempts. It's never the flight attendents jumping on these guys it's the passengers.
Until they put large signs on every door, window, walkway, etc I'm going to play stupid. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top