JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a long time bolt action hunter with few semi-automatic sporting rifles. I am now thinking of purchasing a AR 15 most likely in .223 but am open to more moderized calibers. I do have a mini-14/30. Within reason money is not the problem. I do not think I would want to pay more than $1600. Can you folks recommend an AR 15 that I could purchase for use as a non-competition target or varmint model. I could go with a semi-heavy barrel but would like to enjoy using a slighlty heavier sporting barrel so I could carry this one in the field. I would think about a 22" barrel. Any suggestions?

I built one for the first time a few months ago, and I totally recommend going this route. It gives you the most control over the options you want and you can get a great quality rifle for cheap. I got a Del-ton 20" A3 kit with chrome bolt and then picked up a Spike Tactical stripped lower (they have a bunch of engraving options that turned my crank). Lastly, I strapping a 1x4 power Millett DMS1 red dot on top. ~$1000 total. Took it to Christmas Valley a few times this spring, and it can pick off sage rats at 75 yards all day long. It's way more accurate than I'll ever be.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top