JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of the "price of tea in China," you guys often fixate on this "should be" and "shouldn't be" when we're talking about what IS.

We don't have constitutional carry... We have the law we have. Change it or accept it... But bubbleguming doesn't really do anything. Neither does trying to circumvent it.
Fixator say what? lol

Speaking of the "price of tea in China," you guys often fixate on this "should be" and "shouldn't be" when we're talking about what IS.

We don't have constitutional carry... We have the law we have. Change it or accept it... But bubbleguming doesn't really do anything. Neither does trying to circumvent it.

And, what if the law itself is not following the law? He is being denied his right by that very same Oregon State law, which, of course, is supposedly follows its own interpretation of the Constitution by administering such laws.

Oregon is a Shall Issue state and he is being denied his rights. He is not a felon, drug addict or has been in any alcohol treatment programs or arrested for alcohol related incidents in over ten years. If everyone will be punished for their 20s, then it won't take much for the government to disarm half the population in the state.

THe OP should have a means to not only have his rights granted to him, but also seek out damages for the legal troubles he has incurred for being denied his rights. I'm not sure how the process would work, but after recveives his CHL , he should seek reparations. The government cannot be above the law. Power hungry governments are less trustworthy than citizens who were drunk and rowdy people in their 20s.

Damn it, I am ashamed of my life in my teens and early 20s. Should I lose my rights too? No, I did not have a conviction, but know I am not the guy I was in my high school and early college years.

As good as I was compared to a lot of youth I see today, I would not get along today with the Jerk I was in my late teens and early twenties! I was pretty clever or lucky at getting away with stuff and it took a close call or two to change my behavior. To grow up!

Saying that it took the OP getting caught multiple times to straighten out. Not saying he should be denied his rights, Just like 4Freedom said,
" If everyone will be punished for their 20s, then it won't take much for the government to disarm half the population in the state.". Wouldn't Prozanzki and Burdick like that?

I don't have a big issue however with red flags going up when someone with this history is denied at first in getting a CHL for the 1st time in his life. Maybe a little double checking of the facts and a little extra scrutiny. A few extra questions. If all checks out then why not?

I mean if the OP was denied and still was as reckless as he was back in his hell raising Jerk days..........
He'd carry concealed anyway cause he still wouldn't follow the law!

And, what if the law itself is not following the law? He is being denied his right by that very same Oregon State law, which, of course, is supposedly follows its own interpretation of the Constitution by administering such laws.

Oregon is a Shall Issue state and he is being denied his rights. He is not a felon, drug addict or has been in any alcohol treatment programs or arrested for alcohol related incidents in over ten years. If everyone will be punished for their 20s, then it won't take much for the government to disarm half the population in the state.

THe OP should have a means to not only have his rights granted to him, but also seek out damages for the legal troubles he has incurred for being denied his rights. I'm not sure how the process would work, but after recveives his CHL , he should seek reparations. The government cannot be above the law. Power hungry governments are less trustworthy than citizens who were drunk and rowdy people in their 20s.

Damn it, I am ashamed of my life in my teens and early 20s. Should I lose my rights too? No, I did not have a conviction, but know I am not the guy I was in my high school and early college years.

More irrelevant "should."

The law IS following the law- the law says the Supreme Court interprets the law, and the Supreme Court has ruled that "shall not be infringed" means some infringement is ok.

According to the law, that is the law.

You disagree with that. I disagree with that. I bet the OP disagrees with that. But the law remains unchanged by our disagreement.

I have updated my original post on pg. 1 with the outcome of this situation.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions both here and via private message.
Fantastic news!!

Guess you weren't the evil a-hole some made you out to be.
:D:D:D

Seems to me that Multnomah county was the a hole, having lived there for 16 years I'm not in the least surprised. Congrats on your permit (to exercise a constitutional right!! Don't get me started,lol).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top