JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm placing an order for a Staccato. Called a local FFL just to make sure they are receiving guns. Was told they're not doing 3 day releases but 5 business days. Anyone have recommendations for LO, Tigard or Tualatin FFL's that will honor the 3 day release for CHL permit holders. Two days is not a big deal but it's principle. Thanks in advance.

Last Edited:
My understanding from reading the regs and discussing with a knowledgeable FFL is this:
The "3 day" becomes a 5 day because....day 1 does not start the day you file 4473, it starts the day AFTER.
Then do 3 days, but the regs also say the gun may be turned over AFTER the close of business of the third day.
So counting days INCLUDING your file date, you actually get 5 days total. Work it out you will see. Read the regs.
Most FFLs will count Saturday as a valid count date...but not Sunday....some may count Sunday as OSP FICS operates on Sunday but I have not found a FFL that will count Sunday as valid (they may be out there)

My understanding from reading the regs and discussing with a knowledgeable FFL is this:
The "3 day" becomes a 5 day because....day 1 does not start the day you file 4473, it starts the day AFTER.
Then do 3 days, but the regs also say the gun may be turned over AFTER the close of business of the third day.
So counting days INCLUDING your file date, you actually get 5 days total. Work it out you will see. Read the regs.
Most FFLs will count Saturday as a valid count date...but not Sunday....some may count Sunday as OSP FICS operates on Sunday but I have not found a FFL that will count Sunday as valid (they may be out there)
Thanks for the clarification.

Yup. 5 days is the 3 day release...

Adaptive Firing Solutions in Oregon City
This may be one of only a handful of SOILD FFL's in Oregon
Very Nice FFL treats you very well :s0023:
:s0073:😍

So I'm placing an order for a Staccato. Called a local FFL just to make sure they are receiving guns. Was told they're not doing 3 day releases but 5 business days. Anyone have recommendations for LO, Tigard or Tualatin FFL's that will honor the 3 day release for CHL permit holders. Two days is not a big deal but it's principle. Thanks in advance.
If you havent ordered it yet, i would recommend ordering your Staccato from Dawson Precison. They partner and supply the optic mounts for Staccato. I ordered my P from them 2 weeks ago, and it shipped the very next day, free 2 day shipping, and that included me having them install the optic mount of choice and an ICE comp. Really good company, and there is a reason they are the number 1 dealer of Staccatos. I shipped mine to Tick Licker in Salem, they are doing 3 day releases. Picked it up in 2 days, and had my usual instant background check cleared and home with my new Staccato P!
IMG_5015.jpeg

Keep searching and don't let anybody trample on your 2 days of principle. Try Bimart, Cabelas, Sportsmans, etc. Let us know how your search goes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top