JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a long time bolt action hunter with few semi-automatic sporting rifles. I am now thinking of purchasing a AR 15 most likely in .223 but am open to more moderized calibers. I do have a mini-14/30. Within reason money is not the problem. I do not think I would want to pay more than $1600. Can you folks recommend an AR 15 that I could purchase for use as a non-competition target or varmint model. I could go with a semi-heavy barrel but would like to enjoy using a slighlty heavier sporting barrel so I could carry this one in the field. I would think about a 22" barrel. Any suggestions?

I built one for the first time a few months ago, and I totally recommend going this route. It gives you the most control over the options you want and you can get a great quality rifle for cheap. I got a Del-ton 20" A3 kit with chrome bolt and then picked up a Spike Tactical stripped lower (they have a bunch of engraving options that turned my crank). Lastly, I strapping a 1x4 power Millett DMS1 red dot on top. ~$1000 total. Took it to Christmas Valley a few times this spring, and it can pick off sage rats at 75 yards all day long. It's way more accurate than I'll ever be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top