JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy a Savage. accu trigger is hard to beat, and put a great piece of glass on it. You would still be under 2K

I mention that they are heavier as well. The CZ is a lot lighter, but with a single reset trigger it is a nice gun.

This was mentioned in a picture earlier in the thread...

It's not a bolt-action, but perhaps a lever-action in .223?

Had a Mossberg MVP, sold it, was the only bolt gun I ever owned that was unreliable. Have a Tikka (great) and a Ruger American Ranch.The Ruger was not too accurate until I tried 69 BTHP and Hornady 68Gr BTHP. Using A2230 under 23 grains, Varget, and H4895, all shot sub-MOA.

Sort of a tangent; what about an integrally suppressed setup? Wood stock and good glass, of course, but built in can.
I'd probably go 2 stamp, get a rifle. Shorten the barrel to something common like 10.5", bed a suppressor into stock.

1608951216302.jpeg
1608951234739.jpeg

Shot this 3 shot group today @ 100yds. Ruger 77V stainless laminate with 6-24x B&L. Old school scope but it works. 55gr FMJ, Benchmark powder. Though shot a similar group about 30min later with CFE223.

65A6BEA3-1C12-4F50-8ECF-643C13CAF939.jpeg

Just got a CZ 527 American 223 with a Nikon 3-9 BDC Predator for 650. Fantastic rifle. Accuracy is well under MOA. Yet to put it on paper. In a hailstorm all I could shoot was a micro steel 1" custom AR500 hanging plate... and never missed for 10 shots! (100yds)

FF4504AC-F128-49CA-A16D-B81CFC0A6E5B.jpeg

Last Edited:
So, I've been kicking around this idea lately. I'm not up on all things bolt-action, so can someone recommend a rifle that:

• Is a bolt-action repeater.
  • In .223 Remington / 5.56x45㎜.
  • Wood stock or at least good aftermarket ones available. (A Mannlicher style stock would be nice, but is in no way a necessity.)
  • Threaded for a silencer.
  • Detachable box magazine a plus, but not a deal breaker.
  • Preferably under $2K, but can adjust as necessary.
The "what for" answer:

• Varmints.
  • Target shooting.
Thanks much. :)
CZ... I had a number of others but this is the best.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top