JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy a Savage. accu trigger is hard to beat, and put a great piece of glass on it. You would still be under 2K

I mention that they are heavier as well. The CZ is a lot lighter, but with a single reset trigger it is a nice gun.

This was mentioned in a picture earlier in the thread...

It's not a bolt-action, but perhaps a lever-action in .223?

Had a Mossberg MVP, sold it, was the only bolt gun I ever owned that was unreliable. Have a Tikka (great) and a Ruger American Ranch.The Ruger was not too accurate until I tried 69 BTHP and Hornady 68Gr BTHP. Using A2230 under 23 grains, Varget, and H4895, all shot sub-MOA.

Sort of a tangent; what about an integrally suppressed setup? Wood stock and good glass, of course, but built in can.
I'd probably go 2 stamp, get a rifle. Shorten the barrel to something common like 10.5", bed a suppressor into stock.

1608951216302.jpeg
1608951234739.jpeg

Shot this 3 shot group today @ 100yds. Ruger 77V stainless laminate with 6-24x B&L. Old school scope but it works. 55gr FMJ, Benchmark powder. Though shot a similar group about 30min later with CFE223.

65A6BEA3-1C12-4F50-8ECF-643C13CAF939.jpeg

Just got a CZ 527 American 223 with a Nikon 3-9 BDC Predator for 650. Fantastic rifle. Accuracy is well under MOA. Yet to put it on paper. In a hailstorm all I could shoot was a micro steel 1" custom AR500 hanging plate... and never missed for 10 shots! (100yds)

FF4504AC-F128-49CA-A16D-B81CFC0A6E5B.jpeg

Last Edited:
So, I've been kicking around this idea lately. I'm not up on all things bolt-action, so can someone recommend a rifle that:

• Is a bolt-action repeater.
  • In .223 Remington / 5.56x45㎜.
  • Wood stock or at least good aftermarket ones available. (A Mannlicher style stock would be nice, but is in no way a necessity.)
  • Threaded for a silencer.
  • Detachable box magazine a plus, but not a deal breaker.
  • Preferably under $2K, but can adjust as necessary.
The "what for" answer:

• Varmints.
  • Target shooting.
Thanks much. :)
CZ... I had a number of others but this is the best.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top