JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bb_SD_map1000.gif

By emphasizing the close vote and the Bloomburg money he can be correctly labeled as a "bought and paid for Senator. It's clear that the Libertarian was more representative of the 2nd than Riley, those votes will go to the challenger

If we get a lead petitioner in District 15 to file, I'll volunteers to collect signatures and coordinate with other volunteers. It's a simple numbers game. The more volunteers we have hitting the streets, the faster we can collects the needed petitions. Heck, once we get some momentum going, let's get some publicity through OFF, Lars, social media, ect. The publicity will send a clear message to the elected officials and generate even more signatures.

I am in district 15, and voted for Bruce Starr. I am willing to volunteer to collect signatures if this ball gets rolling!

I stopped at Oregon Arms & Ammunition on Cornelius Pass Road and talked to owner Matt. He is also on board with us and just asked that we bring the petitions to him. He is willing to start collecting signatures immediately and said most all of his customers will sign it.

we only have to obtain a 2nd amendment friendly majority in ONE house. It seems that the Senate is currently the main focus. If the district has a vulnerable member in one house due to the political party representation numbers, it should be possible to apply pressure to some one in that district from the other house.

I posted this concern on the other recall thread but thought I should put it up here as well.

I'm pretty sure that Oregon elected officials cannot be recalled until after they have held office for 6 months.

Also, you must first file your recall petition before you begin gathering signatures. Any that are gathered before the filing would be thrown out.

There is a process in place. Please make sure we don't burn up all of our effort in vain.

E

I posted this concern on the other recall thread but thought I should put it up here as well.

I'm pretty sure that Oregon elected officials cannot be recalled until after they have held office for 6 months.

Also, you must first file your recall petition before you begin gathering signatures. Any that are gathered before the filing would be thrown out.

There is a process in place. Please make sure we don't burn up all of our effort in vain.

E

E,

The 60 days is for "a public office holder, other than a state senator or representative", for state senators or representatives the process can start any time after the 5th day of their first legislative session. (please see below)

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/recall.aspx

Removing an Official from Office Through Direct Vote

A prospective recall petition may be filed for a public office holder, other than a state senator or representative, only after the public officer has served at least six months of their current term of office.
For a state senator or representative, a prospective recall petition may be filed any time, after the fifth day from the beginning of the first legislative session, after the election of the legislator.

The state also put up a handy dandy manual for such a need........

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/RecallManual.pdf

Ray

Thanks, I had not seen the manual. Anyone in the district want to be chief petitioner?

If we want to pay signature gatherers we are going to have more steps. Who should we approach to get money for this recall effort?

I live and am a registered voter in district 15. AFAIK those are the only requirements. I can do it if we don't have anyone, or don't have someone that wants to. I don't know how much time is involved And don't loads of spare time with work and family, but this is important and will have to make time if needed.

Last Edited:
Thanks to ZigZagZeke for the contact information. I messaged our local NRA grassroots organizer to get involved.

I live and am a registered voter in district 15. AFAIK those are the only requirements. I can do it if we don't have anyone, or don't have someone that wants to. I don't know how much time is involved And don't loads of spare time with work and family, but this is important and will have to make time if needed.

Thanks,

Im reading through the manual now. It is very simple for the chief petitioner. Your name goes on the initial form we turn in with the reason for the recall.

Other duties can be:
-designating if we pay petition circulators (it does get more complex if we are going to try and fund the petition drive and pay people since an account needs to be opened specifically for money to pay people). But the chief petitioner can designate people to do the account stuff for them.
-Establish who is on the petition committee
-collect and submit the signatures.

Obviously, we are all going to help with every part. So the least amount we need is that first petition signed and final petitions delivered.

Im still waiting on an answer from my step son. If he prefers to not do it, I'll get back to you.

Im working full time myself but I want to take the majority of the work on myself. So I would not want to burden anyone with this role.

I think there's at least a dozen people willing to step up and help in district 15 just based on the posts I've seen the last two days. Do we need to get things complicated with paid petition circulators? Is it possible to do this on volunteer basis with the support of local firearm businesses? I don't know the answer to these questions and posting them for everyone to express their opinion.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top