JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bolus

I dont want to step on your toes, you seem to have this under control...but I suggest you send these clowns a link to this page....tell them were coming after their jobs let them start to sweat NOW!
let them watch as we build momentum in this venture to right the wrongs going on in this country ...& that we have all had a belly full of them pushing their personal agendas on the people they work for.

Chuck Riley in the Hillsboro area won by like a couple hundred votes. We had a 3rd party candidate that took enough away from Bruce Starr for Riley to win. Everytown also ran 75k worth of anti Bruce add, specifically on the UBC, that were very free with the truth and facts of Starr's positions. Saying things like he wants no background checks at all and is in favor of criminals and the mentally ill getting firearms. lol. Such crap.

I say go after Riley for being a sponsor of SB 941, no matter what the final outcome is. Once he is out, move on to the next.

I would also suggest someone contact Bruce Starr, he may have a readymade list of supporters/petition signers to help get the 6,000 recall signatures in a short amount of time.

Ray

bolus

I dont want to step on your toes, you seem to have this under control...but I suggest you send these clowns a link to this page....tell them were coming after their jobs let them start to sweat NOW!
let them watch as we build momentum in this venture to right the wrongs going on in this country ...& that we have all had a belly full of them pushing their personal agendas on the people they work for.

that's part of the reason for getting this going now. I want to have a list of reps that won with close elections that are in districts that are not 100% anti-gun. I want people messaging them saying "you only won by a small amount, we only need this many signatures to recall you. You vote for this bill you will be recalled. Dont think it will work, then just look to Colorado"

I need some help though. Find your reps and senators that are anti gun. look up their past election results. cross reference by counties that are progun. Those will be our targets for recall.

May to look at gun control opinions by county
http://www.isidewith.com/map/dCE/support-for-gun-control#z7

Legislator lookup by district
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-districts.html

Historical election results
http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/electionhistory.aspx

I live in district 15 and voted for Starr. I haven't read all of the links but can and will help get the ball rolling.

Im not familiar with that district. Who did Starr run against? It looks like these are the legislators in the district. Senator Riley is a sponsor on the bill so is someone to target for recall. This is in washington County though which is anti-gun.

So senate district 15 is
Senator Chuck Riley
Party: Democratic Party
District: 15
Phone: 503-986-1715
Address: 900 Court St NE, S-303 Salem, OR, 97301
[email protected]
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/riley

and it looks like the reps are

Representative Joe Gallegos
District: 30
Phone: 503-986-1430
Address: 900 Court St NE, Salem, OR, 97301
[email protected]
<broken link removed>

Representative Susan McLain
District: 29
Phone: 503-986-1429
Address: 900 Court St NE, H-376 Salem, OR, 97301
[email protected]
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/mclain

Bolus: Im not familiar with that district. Who did Starr run against?

From ballotpedia: http://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_State_Senate_District_15

Democrat Chuck Riley
45.7% 18,156
Republican Bruce Starr Incumbent 45% 17,869
Libertarian Caitlin Mitchel-Markley 9% 3,593
None Miscellaneous 0.3% 116
Total Votes 39,734

Who says Libertarians don't have influence in elections? They sure influenced this one didn't they! Thank you so much -NOT!

Bolus: Im not familiar with that district. Who did Starr run against?

From ballotpedia: http://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_State_Senate_District_15

Democrat Chuck Riley
45.7% 18,156
Republican Bruce Starr Incumbent 45% 17,869
Libertarian Caitlin Mitchel-Markley 9% 3,593
None Miscellaneous 0.3% 116
Total Votes 39,734

Who says Libertarians don't have influence in elections? They sure influenced this one didn't they! Thank you so much -NOT!

Thanks, so for a recall we'd need 15% of the votes that the gov got in that district. He got 77,627 votes in Washington county. that is 11645 valid signatures. (I cant find the exact totals by district though) Washington county is pretty anti-gun. So lets see if we can find reps that are even better targets.

Anyone know what Bruce Starr is doing now? Perhaps he will want to know what we are up to.

I think we ought to have a few picked out for the signature stage, someone is signing for one they will likely sign for more.

You have to be registered to vote in the district to sign the recall petition. We want to have several reps to target for recall and then got after the low hanging fruit so we have the most success. Even if it does not change the vote on this one, we want them to know they can be recalled for future votes.

I keep reading that Washington county is anti-gun, but district 15 is mostly northern Hillsboro and the rural areas north of HW 26. Over 21,000 votes went to Republican and libertarian candidates which were both pro-2A. Only 18000 voted for Riley and I suspect a decent number of them did it only because he had D after his name and because his camp aired a smearing campaign full of lies against Starr, not because voters are in support of gun control. Riley is very recallable.

I keep reading that Washington county is anti-gun, but district 15 is mostly northern Hillsboro and the rural areas north of HW 26. Over 21,000 votes went to Republican and libertarian candidates which were both pro-2A. Only 18000 voted for Riley and I suspect a decent number of them did it only because he had D after his name and because his camp aired a smearing campaign full of lies against Starr, not because voters are in support of gun control. Riley is very recallable.

I'm assuming antigun just from some of the poll results I can find on the internet. But if everyone thinks that is a good first target lets go for it.

from the other thread:
I called Washington County Elections this morning and they gave me the precincts in Senate District 15. Adding up those numbers from the election results I got 42,296. That puts the 15% mark at 6,345 signatures.

we got some good numbers on signatures needed

I sent an email to OFF letting them know what we are up to and to get their take on this. I sent an email to Bruce Starr's old campaign site to let him know what we are up to. Not sure how else to let him know.

I got a reply back from Kevin at OFF. We have their support. He also suggested considering Arnie Roblan for recall. Per his message he is in a tough district for re-election and a recall would weekend his chances for re-election next cycle.

Just looking at the numbers for my district - Brent Barton - 12,994, Steve Newgard 11,059. Less than 2,000 votes got him elected. Not exactly a killing. I expect Barton will be supporting this bill. He's in Clackamas County, which actually went for Richardson over Kitzhaber. Maybe he could be a potential target for recall too. Seeing the turnout at the County Commissioner's meeting in February over the pro-2A statement may show a possible strong swell of support. There is still a somewhat strong pro-2A sentiment among Clackamas County voters.

I don't think he's made a big enough mistake (yet) to get a recall going. But it doesn't hurt to plant the seeds in the community and see what grows. Or find other groups (three or more subjects would be ideal) who feel the same way and want to work together.

He does not have to make a mistake to be subject to recall. You get enough voters to sign and you got a recall election going. Not being a good representative is good enough. As far as trying to gather groups together on several issues to from the basis for a recall, good luck with that. You are much better off making this a single issue recall. You can easily get the required number of signatures on a petition and get it on the ballot, convincing enough like mined voters to get their arses out and vote the liberal out is a whole other thing. The 2A thing is by far the easiest one to get going, and then the others who are not happy with him will jump on the wagon if somebody else has already done the work.

In 2010 the Forest Grove School District voters ran two very good people out on a rail over a single issue, the closing of the Gales Creek School. This was a one trick pony recall and they just hammered those people out with bullshot and out of context crap. But it worked. Chuck Riley won by a red hair and could be ran out just as easily. I am well connected with the local business community and could easily get signatures on his incompetence as a legislator and career azz kissing politician, let alone the 2A issue.

Sounds like we have a lot of support to focus on Riley first. We will need a volunteer to be Chief Petitioner who has to be a registered voter in the district. I have a family member who fits the bill, but I wont volunteer him. But I'll ask. I live just outside the district otherwise I would be happy to.

If anyone is going to the public meeting tomorrow. Start spreading rumors around to the people attending that a recall if being organized "just like in Colorado"

Sounds like we have a lot of support to focus on Riley first. We will need a volunteer to be Chief Petitioner who has to be a registered voter in the district. I have a family member who fits the bill, but I wont volunteer him. But I'll ask. I live just outside the district otherwise I would be happy to.

If anyone is going to the public meeting tomorrow. Start spreading rumors around to the people attending that a recall if being organized "just like in Colorado"
It's not a rumor. It's a fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads